GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bt default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bt default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bt default

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
    I cant see a way of chasing it on equifax's site
    Really? I can.

See this https://equifaxuk.custhelp.com/app/a...s-procedure%3F
    Last edited by PlanB; 11 August 2014, 19:46. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

i already have an account with halifax so will they check so closely?

They'll cross-check your Halifax account with your application.

As I posted earlier, the Halifax DIP says it's only promised "subject to the information being supplied being correct".

Comment

Yeah I still have a horrible feeling this default is going to bite me in the butt

Comment

The equifax dispute shows now as company no reply? I know its self explanitory but where does it go from there?

Comment

The equifax dispute shows now as company no reply? I know its self explanitory but where does it go from there?

Comment

Ah right I see to the ombudsmen then I just thought if they hadn't replied it would automatically get removed

Comment

Ah right I see to the ombudsmen then I just thought if they hadn't replied it would automatically get removed

I would do what Niddy suggested (in the post below) after you contact Equifax for an update which they should have given you two weeks from the date of your complaint to them. That should prompt them to chase BT for a definitive response.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Even better raise a dispute with the CRA saying YOU have never held a BT account and at the time in question you lived with your parents. They'll then contact BT. That channel allows you to then formally request BT remove it and if not you go to the ombudsman (OFCOM / Ombudsman Services) and the ICO.

Comment

Yeah I still have a horrible feeling this default is going to bite me in the butt
                  It will as HBOS do not offer mortgages with a default; if they did they'd get buggered with the new legislation in place.

As planB says you simply note the reference of the BT Default and then email the CRA direct --> Customer.RelationsUK@equifax.com

Why are you so hung up on Equifax anyway? What does the other two CRA's read? Pointless hassling one if the other two record the same data.....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It's only Equifax that have it recorded so that's why it's only them I'm chasing

Comment

• Re: Bt default

It's only Equifax that have it recorded so that's why it's only them I'm chasing
                      Should the default be there? Have the other CRA's removed it upon your appealing?
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No it shouldn't be there as I've never had a bt service and it has never appeared on there at all

Comment

Ok and it only shows on Equifax?

Can you email me what your last dispute was. It's easy to sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Even better raise a dispute with the CRA saying YOU have never held a BT account and at the time in question you lived with your parents. They'll then contact BT. That channel allows you to then formally request BT remove it and if not you go to the ombudsman (OFCOM / Ombudsman Services) and the ICO.

Its easy to sort actually.
                            I said this right at the start - if you need help then just ask and I will help you resolve it

Comment

Which email address do I send it is it the webmaster one?

Comment

Which email address do I send it is it the webmaster one?
                                Yes that's the one in Nid's signature -- > webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X