GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RBS Default Notice, anybody seen one, july 2012? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBS Default Notice, anybody seen one, july 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS Default Notice, anybody seen one, july 2012?

In brief they say they sent me one but won't produce a copy and say they don't need to. I'd like to see if a notice from that period is written correctly. Has anybody got one that I could look at? Obviously I don't need your personal details Thanks.

Re: RBS Default Notice, anybody seen one, july 2012?

Have they sent you the computer dump showing one was sent?
    Remember, "sometimes It doesn't matter if you lose, it is enough to have fought and made your point."

Comment

Sorry mike'y, mine are way before then.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jackreacher View Post
        Have they sent you the computer dump showing one was sent?
        Yes, a black screen dump. That's not very helpful of them, lol. It's the real form I'd like to see

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          Sorry mike'y, mine are way before then.

Thanks Pixie

Comment

I've been in touch with Andrew who's been very helpful. RBS, simply saying they've posted one probably isn't good enough but the court may believe that they did and it was sheer perfection. Ideally I'd like to find a defective notice from before 2012 and a defective notice from 2013. I could then imply that any 2012 notice that may have been sent to me was likely to be defective to. Has anybody got one of those to share? Thanks.

Edited to add:

2) A date specified under subsection (1) must not be less than fourteen days after the date of service of the default notice, and the creditor or owner shall not take action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) before the date so specified or (if no requirement is made under subsection (1)) before those seven days have elapsed.

Has the creditor got to specify an actual date or is it sufficient to suggest 14 days? I've been reading up in the defaults section and am unclear on this. I think they have to be specific. What happens if the notice is defective, can they issue another one? Thanks.
            Last edited by mike'y; 19 February 2014, 19:04. Reason: To add text.

Comment

Well, having read all about default notices here I turned my house upside down and found the one RBS sent to me. The good news is that it would appear to be deficient. It refers to '17 days' from the date the notice was issued. It doesn't specify an actual date. I hope this is good news.

Comment

Working...
              X