GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script WARNING! - Always keep records of your payments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING! - Always keep records of your payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING! - Always keep records of your payments

This just a word of warning to anyone on a DMP and making payments to creditors via postal order......

I have several Shop Direct accounts with Lowells, and have for the last year been making my DMP payments by postal order. The postal orders are all sent attached to the same letter which references the account numbers, the postal order numbers and the amounts.

Lowells on multiple occasions have claimed they have 'not received' one of the postal orders I have sent them mentioned in the attached letter.

Now it may just be my suspicious mind but each time the postal order they claim they have not received is always for the largest payment amount. Strangely they have never 'lost' any of the other postal orders sent with the same letter.

This is why it is essential that you keep evidence of posting and of receipt. All my letters to them have been sent recorded delivery so I can prove that they have received the letter. I also keep records of the postal order number so can prove they have been cashed.

Each time Lowells have been rebuffed with this information and they strangely 'find' the payment. The cheeky bar stewards tried to blame me for the last occasion by claiming that it was my fault because the account number on the PO was unclear. That it didn't stop them cashing the smaller postal orders though isn't it.

I'm sure its all an innocent mistake on their part but you make your own minds up!

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: WARNING! - Always keep records of your payments

Hmm, do you think some offical bodies might be interested to hear about it?

Comment

Are newspapers official bodies?

Comment

Hello SnV.

I would write to them in the vein of "as you continually seem to conveniently lose payments that I make by postal order and when challenged, conveniently find them agin, perhaps the time has come for you to supply me in writing full details of the bank account into which you require me to pay these sums. Then I will make payments over the counter at my convenience in the local branch of a bank of my choosing. That way there can be no confusion or misunderstanding over when and if payments have been made."

That way they will either comply and you are totally in control or they will start to wriggle like mad.

Barclaycard have just sold one of our unenforceable accounts to this lot and they are very unhappy that BC did not tell them we had solicitors involved, hence we are awaiting the first round bell to ring.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Ames View Post
          Hmm, do you think some offical bodies might be interested to hear about it?
          Originally posted by BBoo View Post
          Are newspapers official bodies?
          Hi Ames/BBoo

LOL well a complaint has gone off to the OFT. Doubt they will do anything about it, and even if they do it will be just a slap on the wrist, but risking a £500 fine for messing me about for payments that aren't even a tenner is a bit daft.

Originally posted by garlok View Post
          I would write to them in the vein of "as you continually seem to conveniently lose payments that I make by postal order and when challenged, conveniently find them agin, perhaps the time has come for you to supply me in writing full details of the bank account into which you require me to pay these sums. Then I will make payments over the counter at my convenience in the local branch of a bank of my choosing. That way there can be no confusion or misunderstanding over when and if payments have been made."

That way they will either comply and you are totally in control or they will start to wriggle like mad.

Barclaycard have just sold one of our unenforceable accounts to this lot and they are very unhappy that BC did not tell them we had solicitors involved, hence we are awaiting the first round bell to ring.

Garlok
          Hi Garlok

Actually went down the PO route as this useless lot (Lowells) were getting multiple payments to different accounts but being paid into the same bank account and they were getting payments muddled up.

So thought they couldn't cock getting a Postal Order up. How wrong could I be?

SnV
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Perhaps pay by SO but split the payments so that they get one every 5, 8 or 10 days and each one will be seen and reconciled on a separate day - or did you try that and they messed it up as well
            If they are going to mess up you may as well pay by multiple SO's and save the money you pay for postal orders!
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
            X