GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Times of contact? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Times of contact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times of contact?

I know in Canada we aren't allowed to be called before a certain time in the morning and after a certain time at night.

Is it the same for the UK- and if so what are those times?

Re: Times of contact?

This is from the OFT:-

Contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

2.22 Slightly more respondents who commented on this issue were of the opinion that we should not attempt to specify what we consider to be unreasonable. There was widespread agreement that attempting to be prescriptive on this issue would be difficult given debtors' differing circumstances.

2.23 There was a degree of consistency from respondents that contacting debtors between the hours of 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday would be reasonable. There was greater disparity over what is reasonable in respect of contact made at the weekend and on public/bank holidays etc. There was also greater disparity over what constituted reasonable intervals with opinion ranging from daily, every couple of days to weekly. A number of respondents including Citizens Advice and the Credit Services Association stressed the importance of giving debtors a reasonable time to respond.

2.24 We believe the best way to deal with this issue is to determine on a case by case basis whether the business concerned has acted reasonably. This gives us the discretion to take into account individual circumstances.

Comment

So basically 8am-9pm which IMO Is quite early/late. especially with kids in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
        So basically 8am-9pm which IMO Is quite early/late. especially with kids in the house.
        Not according to the law, the thing is these are now classed as standardised working hours so really, 9pm aint that late in the grand scheme of things....

Although I agree it isn't right to call at that time, for instance if a burly bloke called on my gran at say 9pm in the middle of winter, i'd wanna kill him - iyswim!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Not according to the law, the thing is these are now classed as standardised working hours so really, 9pm aint that late in the grand scheme of things....

Although I agree it isn't right to call at that time, for instance if a burly bloke called on my gran at say 9pm in the middle of winter, i'd wanna kill him - iyswim!
          Parcelforce knocked my door at 8am last week and I wanted to kill him so it is definately unreasonable. I think 9-6 is correct but not the Egg approah of 13 calls in an 8 hour day.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCraigJohn View Post
            Parcelforce knocked my door at 8am last week and I wanted to kill him so it is definately unreasonable. I think 9-6 is correct but not the Egg approah of 13 calls in an 8 hour day.
            13 calls in one day is excessive and they can be fined for that (if you have proof)... pursue this, you will get compo!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X