GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script council tax - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

council tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• council tax

hiya ;Hi1 i was looking for a little advice ref my council tax 2009/10
    i owed 444.00 from last years council tax which went to court and ended up with equita
    an agreement was made with them for 6 payments of 74.00 each month before the 31st of each month
    which i have paid up to the 5th payment, when i phoned to make the payment the bailiff said there was only 66.00 outstanding on the acount, which i know is wrong as i still have 1 more payment to make to them, they said on the phone that after they have the authorisation from the 66.00 my acccount with equita will close. i have since phoned them and asked for the account being closed in writing as i am worried that if no payment is made this month( which they have told me it isn't ) they will add charges on or even worse come to my home, not too sure what to do as they have not taken any notice of me as no letter has arrived yet to say account is closed. any ideas welcome
    thanks inadvance
    ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Re: council tax

If they are happy with £66, then pay £66.

But don't leave it there. Send a letter to Equita, copy to council

[size=5]Dear Equita

As discussed by telephone, your bailiff has stated that with my payment of £66, the account with you is now closed. Would you kindly either confirm in writing or provide a statement if this is not correct.

Yours

carol01

Keep a copy
    No longer a mod.

Comment

thanks for you reply DvardysShadow
      have sent letter to both parties recorded delivery today thanks again for your advice

Comment

Originally posted by carol01
        have sent letter to both parties recorded delivery today thanks again for your advice
        Any update? I know it's only 3 weeks but hey, miracles could happen ;LOL
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
          Originally posted by carol01
          Any update? I know it's only 3 weeks but hey, miracles could happen ;LOL
          hiya ;Hi1
          nope no update they recieved my letter on 18/09/2010 so the postal site tracking says, and i phoned them on the 26/09/10 asking why the have not answered my letter and they said they haven't recieved any letter ;Hmm . they asked me why i was phoning them as my account is now closed and if i wasn't happy to take it up with the local council not going to though if they have short changed themselves thats their fault i have my letter and my proof that i sent it and proof is paramount right ? 2

Comment

Hiya - anything yet?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya - anything yet?
              hiya
              no not a dickie bird thanks for askin

Comment

Serious, they still haven't confirmed anything? I presume though, nobody is hassling you?

Comment

Serious, they still haven't confirmed anything? I presume though, nobody is hassling you?
                  no nothin at all, i did phone them again asking for a statement the guy on the phone was quite off !! but did say he would send out a letter to confirm the account is closed but never did.
                  so i have rung 3 times and also sent a letter recorded delivery which was signed for and still no response
                  my council tax for this year is due to end in jan so if there is an outstanding balance then i know the last payment which should have ben taken by the bailiff has been passed back to the council .

Comment

nice one, thanks for the update.....

Comment

Working...
                    X