Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

parking fine and bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • parking fine and bailiffs

    From 70 to 422 .
    Right my youngest son got a parking fine as the above , he is unemployed and gets 70 a week and the bailiffs want the whole lot paying in 3 payments which doesn't add up.
    This is my prodigal son I'm talking about and he lives at his girlfriends mothers house , the bailiff have been harassing him and saying they will take things from the house , they said they are threatening to take his car off him by text message and that his vehicle is at risk .

    That's all i know so far .
    Please can anyone advise this is urgent .

    Thank you .
    _______________________________________




  • #2
    Re: parking fine and bailiffs

    Do not let bailiffs into the house, do not leave doors or windows unlocked, they must make an invintory of items they may remove if the debt is not paid, BUT, they cannot take anything from where he is living, only personal stuff can be taken, it is not his house only where he is lodging.
    on saying that then, it does put his car at risk.
    he should of paid the fine when he got it , or contested it straight away, Bailiffs can and will add fees for every visit,
    Has he seen the baliffs or had paperwork off them?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

    If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: parking fine and bailiffs

      As NW says, they can take property from an open or unlocked house, but your son should be able to prove that it isn't his, so can't be touched. They can and will take his car if he owns it, so try and keep it hidden and well away from the address - they do check the local area.

      We need more information about the parking fine, was it local government? Did he appeal it? Did he fight court case?

      There is a specialist bailiff site (I can't remember the name ) that will be able to give help.

      Niddy recommends the Bailiff Help Forum as experts in dealing with these problems.
      Last edited by cymruambyth; 23rd August 2016, 08:35. Reason: added information
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

      If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: parking fine and bailiffs

        Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        From 70 to 422 .
        Right my youngest son got a parking fine as the above , he is unemployed and gets 70 a week and the bailiffs want the whole lot paying in 3 payments which doesn't add up.
        Did he receive any notices? Looks like bailiff fees have already been added to the penalty.
        The first step is the compliance stage which is when the bailiff is instructed and carries a 75 fee. The bailiff company should have issued a notice at this stage. The enforcement stage fee of 235 applies when the bailiff attends.
        Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        This is my prodigal son I'm talking about and he lives at his girlfriends mothers house , the bailiff have been harassing him and saying they will take things from the house , they said they are threatening to take his car off him by text message and that his vehicle is at risk .
        Bailiffs can only take goods belonging to the debtor, not to any third parties. Unless they are enforcing Magistrates' Court fines, bailiffs are not allowed to force entry but can gain access through an unlocked door. In most cases, bailiffs are not really interested in household goods and it's the car that they'll be after so it is very much at risk.

        Bailiffs can take cars from the debtor's own home or a public road but not from private land belonging to someone else, which includes:
        • Public and private car parks
        • A garage or storage unit away from the debtor's home or business
        • Someone else's driveway
        • Land belonging to someone else.


        Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        Please can anyone advise this is urgent.
        There is a site dedicated to dealing with bailiffs: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk...et-bailiff.htm and the site owner also runs a forum: http://www.bailiffhelpforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=5.

        There is also a forum dedicated to motorists he may want to visit: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30 and another online resource can be found here: http://bailiffadviceonline.co.uk/ind...ent-centre-tec

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: parking fine and bailiffs

          Thank you for the replies, i know for a fact that my son still owes some finance on his car which he has been avoiding paying , he's a right mess has no money no job . He is starting university in September so that's one good thing .

          I know he owes around 200-300 still on his car finance . Can they still take his car if he owes finance on it .
          _______________________________________



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: parking fine and bailiffs

            Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            As NW says, they can take property from an open or unlocked house, but your son should be able to prove that it isn't his, so can't be touched. They can and will take his car if he owns it, so try and keep it hidden and well away from the address - they do check the local area.

            We need more information about the parking fine, was it local government? Did he appeal it? Did he fight court case?

            There is a specialist bailiff site (I can't remember the name ) that will be able to give help.

            Niddy recommends the Bailiff Help Forum as experts in dealing with these problems.

            My son has only just started speaking again after 9 months , he only rings us we can't ring him because of his controlling girlfriend , .

            He old my husband that the bailiff posted a summons through the post box it wasn't handed to him .
            _______________________________________



            Comment


            • #7
              Re: parking fine and bailiffs

              Handed or posted through the box,it is still deemed as delivered, as he only owes a small ammount on the car, they will happily take it away.
              this has not just happened S2M, it has been going on for a while, he has just realised that he is deep in it, sory for bring blunt but he has ignored his way into this . stay strong.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

              If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: parking fine and bailiffs

                Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                Handed or posted through the box,it is still deemed as delivered, as he only owes a small ammount on the car, they will happily take it away.
                this has not just happened S2M, it has been going on for a while, he has just realised that he is deep in it, sory for bring blunt but he has ignored his way into this . stay strong.

                Yep agree i think he will have to pay them off when he gets hi university loan .
                _______________________________________



                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: parking fine and bailiffs

                  Son just on phone , he has been to the Cab and they have told him that the bailiff usually try four times to get the money and then send the debt back to the dca , he starts university in a few weeks time and gets part of his loan through so if the bailiff don't give up he will pay them off to get rid .
                  _______________________________________



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: parking fine and bailiffs

                    Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                    Thank you for the replies, i know for a fact that my son still owes some finance on his car which he has been avoiding paying , he's a right mess has no money no job . He is starting university in September so that's one good thing .

                    I know he owes around 200-300 still on his car finance .Can they still take his car if he owes finance on it.
                    This issue has been the subject of quite a bit of debate. In theory, no, they shouldn't take a car on finance because it still belongs to the finance company, however, there have been cases where bailiffs have taken cars and the courts have ruled in their favour?
                    Is that all he owes? 200 or 300? Or is that the amount of the arrears? Have you any idea what kind of car finance he's got? There are various types as seen here: http://www.whatcar.com/news/pay-new-car/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: parking fine and bailiffs

                      Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      Handed or posted through the box,it is still deemed as delivered,
                      Presumably you are referring to the notice of enforcement, which is the first stage. However, going by how the debt has ballooned from 70 to over 400, it sounds like they've also added on the enforcement stage fees of 235, which happens when there is an actual visit from the bailiff(s).
                      Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      as he only owes a small ammount on the car, they will happily take it away.
                      this has not just happened S2M, it has been going on for a while, he has just realised that he is deep in it, sory for bring blunt but he has ignored his way into this . stay strong.
                      Perhaps the bailiff company has done a HPI check and found out the car is on finance, and that's why they've not taken it. Still, to be on the safe side, the car should be parked away from the house, ideally on someone else's property as opposed to a public road, while he sorts out repayments.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: parking fine and bailiffs

                        Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                        Son just on phone , he has been to the Cab and they have told him that the bailiff usually try four times to get the money and then send the debt back to the dca , he starts university in a few weeks time and gets part of his loan through so if the bailiff don't give up he will pay them off to get rid .
                        DCA? Is there a DCA involved here? Can you tell us which bailiff company is after him?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: parking fine and bailiffs

                          Originally posted by BuzzyBee View Post
                          DCA? Is there a DCA involved here? Can you tell us which bailiff company is after him?

                          Hi, thanks for the reply , he will be ringing back soon and i will ask him what the name is of the bailiff company . I think he has arrears I don't know much about it .
                          i will post back with more information .
                          _______________________________________



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: parking fine and bailiffs

                            Originally posted by BuzzyBee View Post
                            DCA? Is there a DCA involved here? Can you tell us which bailiff company is after him?

                            The name of the bailiff is Rundles , the CAB have never heard of them .
                            _______________________________________



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: parking fine and bailiffs

                              Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                              The name of the bailiff is Rundles , the CAB have never heard of them .
                              This is Rundle's website, it seems that PCNs are one of their specialities. It does seem as if your son has buried his head in the sand with this (and his other problems.) Did you find out what type of parking fine it was?

                              It's one thing your son using his student loan to pay this and pay off his car finance but how is he going to live/pay his bills? Is he going to get a part-time job while at uni? My kids did when they were there.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile


                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

                              If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

                              Comment

                              Who's Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
                              Who's Viewed Thread:
                              Working...
                              X