GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 6 Yrs old Debt, plz need advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 Yrs old Debt, plz need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Yrs old Debt, plz need advice

Hi,

I am new to forum and I found it to be the right place to share .
    I had some credit cards debt and loan .I kept paying until 2006 ,and could not offer to pay anymore due to some financial problems .They passed debts to Lowell. Two credit cards debt and a loan were defaulted in 2006 .somehow one was defaulted in 2008. I am completely out of touch with them since 2007 .I checked my credit report and found only one default is still hanging. Is it worth to pay the one still in credit report now ?Do previous debts (more than 6 yrs old )affect me to obtain loan or mortgage ?

I would really appreciate your advice .
    Thank You

Re: 6 Yrs old Debt, plz need advice

Don't pay anything. Ignore the past. This remaining default will drop off this year.

You'll be debt free very soon
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Many people (me included) would love to be in your position benjamin.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank You .Do you think there won't be any problem to apply for finance after default notices goes off on my credit report ?
        Last edited by benjamin; 15 January 2014, 03:24. Reason: missing word

Comment

Nope just avoid those firms you've previously been in debt with as they could retain data for a lot longer.....

see this for ideas of how to get back on the credit ladder --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...b-Prime-Credit
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X