GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Direct Payment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Payment

I have a question regarding Direct Payments does anyone have any knowledge on the subject because we are all really struggling trying to work out what information is correct?
    Long story short my Grandson (3 years old) has been assessed and qualifies for direct payment to pay for his care which is great because it will help so much once we find the right people to help us.
    In researching what direct payments are all about we discovered that there is also a carers assessment which may be able to help with paying for things specifically for the carer, for example re-training to get back into work, driving lessons, leisure activities, counselling etc all designed to give the carer a normal existence and to be able to access a range of services, I found this information on several websites but it is very specific on the carers UK site.
    The problem is that the Social worker assigned to help the family tells us that no such thing exists despite the evidence I provided and even asking her to check with colleagues in case it was something she had missed, she is adamant that no such thing exists.
    Any thoughts anyone?

Re: Direct Payment

If it is on the Carers UK website, it is bound to be correct, however, a lot of stuff has moved over to local authority control.

Do you have any links for us to look at to advise further?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Oscar
      Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am not technically minded so the link may not work as I have no idea what I am doing most of the time.
      The information was on http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-adv...ers-assessment.
      I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
        The problem is that the Social worker assigned to help the family tells us that no such thing exists despite the evidence I provided and even asking her to check with colleagues in case it was something she had missed, she is adamant that no such thing exists.
        Any thoughts anyone?
        Ok,

I have looked at the site and the information is similar to when I have seen it before, but is generic and not applicable to everywhere.- for instance my local leisure centre offers a discount scheme for carers It may be different between local authorities.

I am assuming the Social Worker is a council / local authority one? - not saying this is the case here, but some of them can be 'jobsworths'

Do you have any local support?. I know some areas have a Carers Service which is independent of local councils.

I would suggest the social worker is incorrect. I cant imagine any local authority have no additional support structure for carers.

I don't know where you live, but if you type in "Carers Support YOUR TOWN" into google, you should be able to find additional information
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi honey,
          How is that gorgeous boy? Did you get the damp problems sorted at the new house?

Looks as if this only became law last April so the Social Worker might not be up to speed.
          Not sure if you saw the pdf info leaflet about it so I've attached it just in case - you could always print it out to show her, or maybe ring the carers helpline in the contact numbers at the bottom.

Sending hugs and hope things are finally getting better for you all

Elsa xxx
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X