GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blemain finance unfair charges? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blemain finance unfair charges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blemain finance unfair charges?

Blemain say I owe them £2946. I have had the loan secured against my house since 2007. They keep sending me letters requesting payment. I'm unable to pay the full amount so I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to setup a payment plan or to even get some of the charges removed

They used to charge you when there was no money in the bank. My money used to go in Friday afternoon, and they always tried to take it in the morning. They also used to take it out before bank holiday etc

I stopped the direct debit and they rang me today and said I was £400 in arrears and I paid it, and now they said they will send a final redemption figure

I sent them a SAR a few months back,
    I have worked out I have made a total payment of £11,027 for a loan that should of cost me £8,809, which is insane. They still say I owe them more

I have a balance breakdown report, and the rest of it is just correspondence back and forth over the years. I notice that they charge for interest charge separately ( 14.40 ) in the spreadsheet, how should I calculate this?

They also charge for dishonoured receipt, letter, telephone charge, £30 a time too

are these charges unfair? any way to claim them back?

Re: Blemain finance unfair charges?

they certainly sound steep,, I think someone would have to look at the terms and conditions from when you took it out. I will try and flag it up for anyone else to help out . NWx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by mlc2009 View Post
      Blemain say I owe them £2946. I have had the loan secured against my house since 2007. They keep sending me letters requesting payment. I'm unable to pay the full amount so I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to setup a payment plan or to even get some of the charges removed
      Was the Blemain credit agreement headed Regulated or Unregulated Loan Agreement?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Was the Blemain credit agreement headed Regulated or Unregulated Loan Agreement?

Plan B x
        I have checked all 100 pages from the SAR, and cannot find anywhere where it states this

Comment

dogelflod I have removed the link you gave, as it is seen as advertising, which this site will not allow.

The type of paid help you were linking to is not for everyone and to be honest, the post you have put it on is an old one, so will be of no use to the original member as they may have had help already,

we are a debt help site, we are all here to give FREE help to get people back in control of their lives and make their own choices, we DO NOT say what is best for them as we donot know all their circumstances, so cannot give that type of advice
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by dogelflod
            I have been searching for the same financial information. Really If we do not know about so much about financial information then we would be facing many problems. Recently I got some information through and knew more financial debt information and clear my confusion. I think everyone should know about such types of information.

I saw the link you posted before it was deleted.

I've looked at the website which advises and recommends IVAs, however they are not authorised by the FCA and neither is the IVA provider who they recommend.

My suggestion is you should not take financial advice from an unauthorised source. And don't give financial information to a website which does not provide any address details etc.

I called the business. I won't post the content of my call on the forum, but I can tell you that as a result I have given the information to the FCA to investigate.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

Di

Comment

Working...
            X