GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    good move

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

You need to go online and file your Defence to avoid a Default Judgment.

If Moriarty Law hasn't responded to your CPR 31.14 request, then that's their problem not yours. Don't miss your Defence deadline while waiting for a response which may never come.

Once your Defence has been filed, the court will serve it on Moriarty Law who will be advised that they have 28 days to inform the court if they intend to continue with the proceedings. If they don't do that the claim will automatically be stayed (a pause button) and they will have to pay a fee to make an Application to lift the stay if they later decide to continue.

If they inform the court that they intend to continue with the proceedings, then you'll be sent a Directions Questionnaire by the court which you must complete by the deadline. On that DQ there will be a box to tick to say 'Yes' to free telephone Mediation where you can settle the claim without getting a CCJ although the settlement will be legally binding.

If you settle at Mediation but breach the agreement, then the case can be returned to court with the potential of getting a CCJ.

If you don't settle at Mediation (it fails) then the case will be transferred to your nearest county court and a Hearing/Trial date will be set. You will be directed to file a Witness Statement and any evidence you intend to rely on typically 14 days before the Trial date.

Di
    Defence entered

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post

Are they running scared? I haven't received anything back from the CPR 31.14 yet. Where does the 24th September come from?

Do I do anything?

You need to go online and file your Defence to avoid a Default Judgment.

If Moriarty Law hasn't responded to your CPR 31.14 request, then that's their problem not yours. Don't miss your Defence deadline while waiting for a response which may never come.

Once your Defence has been filed, the court will serve it on Moriarty Law who will be advised that they have 28 days to inform the court if they intend to continue with the proceedings. If they don't do that the claim will automatically be stayed (a pause button) and they will have to pay a fee to make an Application to lift the stay if they later decide to continue.

If they inform the court that they intend to continue with the proceedings, then you'll be sent a Directions Questionnaire by the court which you must complete by the deadline. On that DQ there will be a box to tick to say 'Yes' to free telephone Mediation where you can settle the claim without getting a CCJ although the settlement will be legally binding.

If you settle at Mediation but breach the agreement, then the case can be returned to court with the potential of getting a CCJ.

If you don't settle at Mediation (it fails) then the case will be transferred to your nearest county court and a Hearing/Trial date will be set. You will be directed to file a Witness Statement and any evidence you intend to rely on typically 14 days before the Trial date.

Di

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    talk to Di ???? any reason why not???

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    Hi debrag

Are you not intouch with Di about this?

I am sorry but we cannot give legal advice on the site as the rest of us do not have any of your back ground information or legaly allowed to
    That is why we ask people to contact Di for advice.

If you don't want to contact her you may need to talk to CAB who may help.

Best wishes NW
    sorry thought it was worth asking on here that's all.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Hi debrag

Are you not intouch with Di about this?

I am sorry but we cannot give legal advice on the site as the rest of us do not have any of your back ground information or legaly allowed to
    That is why we ask people to contact Di for advice.

If you don't want to contact her you may need to talk to CAB who may help.

Best wishes NW

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 12 QQ
    Opened: January 2012
    Type: PDL
    Current Balance: £481
    Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
    Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
    Arrangement: None
    Owner: Lantern
    Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
    Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
    Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
    Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
    Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
    Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
    Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
    Repayment plan confirmation
    Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
    Repayment plan closed by me
    August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
    September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
    April - Received letter via email '
    we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
    May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form
    May - CCA request sent to Lantern and coy to Moriarty Law
    June - Received copy of cca from Lantern + final demand letter from Moriarty Law
    June - Letter received from Moriarty Law requesting my cca from their client. Account on hold & collection activity suspended

June - Received statement of account, assignment letter (not letter headed paper) and cca. Cover letter mentions that they have confirmed the bank details to where the loan went?? I am to discuss payment within 30 days,
    July - Received letter from Moriarty Law giving me another 30 days. Can't find letter so unsure of date.
    August - Received a letter to say I would be receiving ccj papers soom. 14 days I can still arrange something with them.
    August - Same day receive ccj court papers! Date of claim 27th August 219
    September -
    Acknowledgment of Service done online
    September - CPR 31.14 sent. Received on 12th September
    September - Received email from Moriarty Law offering a repayment plan over 6 months and no longer. First instalment to be paid by 19th September, an out of court settlement. Otherwise county court papers to be returned by 24th September 2019.
    Are they running scared? I haven't received anything back from the CPR 31.14 yet. Where does the 24th September come from?

Do I do anything?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

Good, that means you've prevented the Claimant from getting a Default Judgment (CCJ) for missing that AOS deadline.

You now need to diary date the deadline for filing your Defence, which will be 33 days from the Claim Issue Date.

Di
    Date issues was 27th August so deadline is 29th September.

If documentation isn't received (namely DN) what defence do I use, how do I word everything.
    Last edited by debrag; 22 September 2019, 12:05.

Leave a comment:

replied

forgot to say already done that
    Good, that means you've prevented the Claimant from getting a Default Judgment (CCJ) for missing that AOS deadline.

You now need to diary date the deadline for filing your Defence, which will be 33 days from the Claim Issue Date.

Di

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

Not quite

It's vital that you go online at MCOL and file your Acknowledgment of Service stating you intend to defend all of the claim.

Use the password on the front page of the Claim Form (right hand side).

If you don't do this you may get a Default Judgment (CCJ).

Post on the forum if/when you hear anything from Moriarty Law in response to your CPR 31.14 Request.

Di
    Sorry forgot to say already done that

Leave a comment:

replied

Now I just wait

Not quite

It's vital that you go online at MCOL and file your Acknowledgment of Service stating you intend to defend all of the claim.

Use the password on the front page of the Claim Form (right hand side).

If you don't do this you may get a Default Judgment (CCJ).

Post on the forum if/when you hear anything from Moriarty Law in response to your CPR 31.14 Request.

Di

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

Send it Royal Mail Recorded Delivery so you can Trak and Trace it.

If they can't/don't produce the documentation then you may have the basis of a Defence to file.

If you want to negotiate you'll have strengthened your bargaining position if they can't/don't produce the documents.

Di
    All sent. Now I just wait

Leave a comment:

replied

Recorded or just 1st class?
    Send it Royal Mail Recorded Delivery so you can Trak and Trace it.

If they can't/don't produce the documentation then you may have the basis of a Defence to file.

If you want to negotiate you'll have strengthened your bargaining position if they can't/don't produce the documents.

Di

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

The burden of proof is on the Claimant.

Send a CPR 31.14 request to Moriarty Law using the free AAD Template in post #5 in this link > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...mplate-letters

Di
    Recorded or just 1st class?

Leave a comment:

replied

I don't have the DN, I don't remember ever receiving one.

The burden of proof is on the Claimant.

Send a CPR 31.14 request to Moriarty Law using the free AAD Template in post #5 in this link > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...mplate-letters

Di

Leave a comment:

Working...
X