GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    6 years & 1 month eng/wales but 5 years scotland, remember scots get the better toss of the coin!

After six years, the defaulted debt will be removed from your credit file, even if you haven't finished paying it off.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    SafetyNet Credit which I haven't listed before have reported my account as delinquent. Last payment was September 2019, is it 7 years from October 2019 that it will be removed from my credit file?

Been looking at my default removal countdowns and soon to be under 2 year for two of them and 3 years for others

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 1: Natwest Loan £4889 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report | ----> Default/ended, end date 2024
    Debt 2: Natwest OD £1248 | Being sent to Westcot | Part of DMP | DMP statues of credit report | ----> Default/ended & zero balance, end date 2024
    Debt 3: Very £767 | NCO dealing | Account still open | Part of DMP | ----> Default, end date 2024
    Debt 4: JD Williams £1740 | Account still open | Part of DMP | ----> Default, end date 2024
    Debt 5: Lloyds cc £457 | Minimum payments | £25 a month
    Debt 6: Marbles cc £656 | minimum payments | ----> Default, end date 2025
    Debt 7: Capital One £103 | minimum payments | ----> £20 a month
    Debt 8: Capital One £167 | minimum payments | ----> Paid off
    Debt 9: Aqua cc £167 | minimum payments | ----> Default, end date 2025
    Debt 10: Barclaycard £389 | minimum payments | ----> Paid off
    Debt 11: ARC (David Lloyd) £582 | £1 a month arrangement to pay| Doesn't appear on credit report at all but stopping paying membership July 2016 | ----> not on reports
    Debt 12: Lantern (QQ) £481 | IRL + SAR claim/request sent it | Had originally agreed to £2 a month repayment plan | ----> Not on reports
    Debt 13 Credit Resource Solutions (Trugym) £86 | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report | ---> Not on reports
    Debt 14: Credit Resolution Services (Lending Stream) ? | Sent back to OC | Default on credit report | ---> Not on reports

Debts 1 to 4 are on a dmp/token payments due to not being able to afford minimum payments
    Debts 5 to 10 I can afford minimum payments and have these paid off next year with a little extra
    Debt 12 Fall of credit report May 2018, they first contacted my in Jan 2018
    Debts 13 to 14 are due to fall of credit report November 2018 & March 2019.

So whats the next step? Lantern have already sent me all data via the SAR request.
    Just updated my first post.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

I may have looked at different credit reports for July & December I don't remember.
    May 2018 + 6 years is 2024
    Whoops! Sorry YES!
    Doesn't look as if they issued a Default Notice before closing the A/c!

The Notice of Arrears is a different animal!
    "..
    April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
    June - Closing of OD facility letter
    June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
    June - You have fail to comply letter received
    .."

You can normally look back at reports with CRA's. But its curious this what 4-5 month delay and nothing in the Post!
    Doesn't change the recommendation Wait; Do Nothing; Make Notes for your own records!

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post
    ".. You just have to wait and see BUT always record (for your benefit) changes to Accounts/Debts that date 21st July 2021 for instance might become a crucial evidence if other dates for closure and or Assignment are later revealed! .."
    Is this the same whose status changed on 21st July 2021?
    So the status has been updated (presumably by Nat West) to default/ended?

I surmise that nobody has written to you over this! You are simply monitoring your Credit Report! So 5 months without any communication is good news!
    Again make a record of this latest change and its date!

On Dates it looks as if you are close to Statute Bar around Est. June 2022 ( May 2018 + ( 6 years plus 1 month)) what 7-8 months!!
    That's not long and time to sit on your hands DO nothing at this stage. Certainly do not write, phone!!

Wait and see!!
    I may have looked at different credit reports for July & December I don't remember.
    May 2018 + 6 years is 2024

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    ".. You just have to wait and see BUT always record (for your benefit) changes to Accounts/Debts that date 21st July 2021 for instance might become a crucial evidence if other dates for closure and or Assignment are later revealed! .."
    Is this the same whose status changed on 21st July 2021?
    So the status has been updated (presumably by Nat West) to default/ended?

I surmise that nobody has written to you over this! You are simply monitoring your Credit Report! So 5 months without any communication is good news!
    Again make a record of this latest change and its date!

On Dates it looks as if you are close to Statute Bar around Est. June 2022 ( May 2018 + ( 6 years plus 1 month)) what 7-8 months!!
    That's not long and time to sit on your hands DO nothing at this stage. Certainly do not write, phone!!

Wait and see!!

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Audley View Post
    Hi debrag, is there any update on your CCA requests?
    I don't remember sending one I haven't heard anything since that Moorcroft letter in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 2 Natwest OD
    Opened: January 2016
    Type: OD
    Current Balance: £1248
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: n/a
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
    July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
    August - loan interest has been paid off the OD, balance is now £799

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
    July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft

October - checking credit report I see this account is closed and satisfied 21st July 2021
    December - Marked as default/ended on credit report with a balance of £0. Has this been sold on?
    As above: Marked as defuault/ended on credit report with a balance of £0. Has this been sold on?

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 1 Natwest Loan +OD
    Opened: August 2016
    Type: Loan
    Current Balance: £4889 -> 5667.01
    Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
    June - Notice of refund of interest (£468)
    July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
    August - yearly statement received
    September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018

August - Letter received from AIC they are now managing my account on Natwest's behalf

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
    February - Received letter from Zinc balance of £5667.01 (OD & Loan combined). 'Time is running out' letter
    July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft.
    September - Received multiple letters from Moorcroft stating they have been unable to agree a repayment plan.
    November - Discount offer letter received from Moorcroft.

December - Marked as defuault/ended on credit report with a balance of £4888. Has this been sold on?
    As above: Marked as defuault/ended on credit report with a balance of £4888. Has this been sold on?

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    I am curious really as you have that Debt 1 with Nat West. Presumably this still appears on your Credit Report?
    Sometimes the Original Lender lumps Debts together and sells them on!

You just have to wait and see BUT always record (for your benefit) changes to Accounts/Debts that date 21st July 2021 for instance might become a crucial evidence if other dates for closure and or Assignment are later revealed!

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    would normally pan out as sold on.

Leave a comment:

• Matty B
    replied

Does this mean that it is closed for good or just sold on? I haven't heard from anyone about this.
    I think it probably means the debt has been sold on. I also think it can take quite some time if ever for the new owner to start reporting. It can also take some time for them to get off their backsides and tell you.

It would be lovely to think it had just been closed but they even sell debts on that they know are unenforceable or have a ccj in their favour so I would expect the worst while hoping for the best.

Of course it can be in your favour if they sell it on.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    I presume this is Nat West entry for this O/D Debt ->2 and the closed and satisfied 21st July 2021 was entered by them?
    What was the outstanding balance at that time?
    If it had/has been sold on I would have thought you would have heard by Now!

What about the other Nat West entries? Are these still there?

I would simply wait and keep a watchful eye!

Make certain you have a copy of that entry for your records/Diary
    I use the [PrtSc] button to create a screen dump which can be stored with my copies of all correspondence on my debts.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Debt 2 Natwest OD
    Opened: January 2016
    Type: OD
    Current Balance: £1248
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: n/a
    August - loan interest has been paid off the OD, balance is now £799

July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft

October - checking credit report I see this account is closed and satisfied 21st July 2021
    Does this mean that it is closed for good or just sold on? I haven't heard from anyone about this.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Audley
    replied
    Hi debrag, is there any update on your CCA requests?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X