GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat
    replied
    Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt: SafetyNet Credit
    Opened: October 2017
    Type: OD style loan
    Current Balance: £1214
    Last payment: September 2019
    Last fill payment: September 2019
    Arrangement: None
    November - installment reminder/hold email received
    November - affordable arrangement email received

February - arrangement set up email received
    February - installment reminder email received
    February - affordable arrangement email received
    May - set up plan email received x 3
    May - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received

April - affordable arrangement email received
    July - cost of living/help email received
    July - affordable arrangement email received
    August - monthly statement email received
    August - please log onto your dashboard email received

September - monthly statement email received
    October - monthly statement email received
    October - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received
    November - monthly statement email received
    December - monthly statement email received

January - monthly statement email received
    January - administration email received
    February - monthly statement email received
    March - monthly statement email received
    April - monthly statement email received
    May - monthly statement email received
    May - Arrears letter + email arrived

I will look to see if I have any actual letters later.
    You say this was an overdraft type of loan. Do you mean that this is revolving credit- you have an amount you can take and as you pay it off you can then take more. I think this might be more accurately described as revolving credit. If that is the case a S78 request might be appropriate at some point. However if they are not actively chasing you it might be unwise- I certainly wouldn't do anything at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

Debt: SafetyNet Credit
    Opened: October 2017
    Type: OD style loan
    Current Balance: £1214
    Last payment: September 2019
    Last fill payment: September 2019
    Arrangement: None
    November - installment reminder/hold email received
    November - affordable arrangement email received

February - arrangement set up email received
    February - installment reminder email received
    February - affordable arrangement email received
    May - set up plan email received x 3
    May - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received

April - affordable arrangement email received
    July - cost of living/help email received
    July - affordable arrangement email received
    August - monthly statement email received
    August - please log onto your dashboard email received

September - monthly statement email received
    October - monthly statement email received
    October - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received
    November - monthly statement email received
    December - monthly statement email received

January - monthly statement email received
    January - administration email received
    February - monthly statement email received
    March - monthly statement email received
    April - monthly statement email received
    May - monthly statement email received
    May - Arrears letter + email arrived
    June - email & text to tell me to set up a payment plan - account now on hold for 14 days.
    July - statement email
    July - email to tell me fro 4th august phone line and live chat will stop working.
    August - statement email
    September - statement email
    October - recovery instruction letter received by email from
    Credit Resource Solutions ltd.
    December - 25% discount offer email. will ignore

January - last personal message from CRS
    February/March - phone calls from a CRS, not answered
    March - email from iml admin
    Last edited by debrag; 15 March 2024, 17:41.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    So SafetyNet credit have finally sent me a default notice. I haven't paid anything since September 2019 (3.5 years)! My agreement is going to be terminated and if not paid in full they will seek recovery where necessary by recourse to formal legal proceedings. They may also register a default (about time).

Shall I just continue to do nothing? They are in administration so do you think they will go as far as court for £1213? If they register my default wrong I will just wait till the debt is SB they get it corrected.
    The Case Law points to the Default Notice last date to remedy as the starting time for Statute Bar.
    However there are constraints on when Default Notices should be sent and 3.5 years seems frankly ridiculous.
    There are other considerations such as whether the Account had become closed (sic the terms of the CCA).

You need to create a Diary Entry for SafteyNet credit and bring this up to date!

At some point you will probably need legal advice in this matter and the Diary WILL BE IMPORTANT

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    So SafetyNet credit have finally sent me a default notice. I haven't paid anything since September 2019 (3.5 years)! My agreement is going to be terminated and if not paid in full they will seek recovery where necessary by recourse to formal legal proceedings. They may also register a default (about time).

Shall I just continue to do nothing? They are in administration so do you think they will go as far as court for £1213? If they register my default wrong I will just wait till the debt is SB they get it corrected.

Leave a comment:

• stuckinarut
    replied
    Just received the following email:

You have to laugh. It also came from a gmail account.
    You couldn't make it up, must think you were born yesterday, As Tech Clerk says, forward it to the government body, This type of charade needs nipping at the bud??????

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

send email to:- report@phishing.gov.uk

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    LEGAL NOTICE OF ATTACHMENT OF EARNINGS

Hi xxx, This is xxxx from FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) hope you are doing well. I just would like to tell you that we have got a legal complaint against you from your creditors where you are not making the contractual payments or managing just minimum payments towards them.

So this is why these creditors have approached us in order to get the “CCJ” action against you. So that they can have the attachment of earnings with your income of £464.36 every month for these accounts with your income from this month itself, so that they can cover all the money from your side asap because as per the creditors they gave you enough chance to get the arrangements done through the government help known as an "IVA" but you refused to get that help and now they are looking to have legal action against you.

If you do not want to have any sort of legal proceedings and you are struggling with your financial situation and want to get these debts sorted, you do have "three options" left for yourself from these creditors apart from the CCJ.

If you wish to sort-out these debts. we will transfer you to our help desk team to get your finances back on track.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by Pat View Post

In which case it will definitely need a compliant S87(1) Default Notice and all the other notices the CCA requires.
    Pat is correct of course

Plus and this is very important!
    Did or have you used this revolving credit to pay off other DEBTS!
    Often these are just debt consolidation Loans!
    But if the original debt(s) was UE this can be seen as trying to dress a turd, that is trying to nake something EN where actual the old deebt was UE
    It is to you advantage to look at this revolving credit and see where the money was spent!

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied

It was revolving credit like an overdraft.
    In which case it will definitely need a compliant S87(1) Default Notice and all the other notices the CCA requires.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Something else that may be useful to know, was it a fixed term loan i.e. to be repaid by a certain date or revolving credit like a CC. I know some firms did revolving credit so you had a credit limit which they kept upping. The second would need a DN, not so sure about the first.
    It was revolving credit like an overdraft.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	countdown.png Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	1547876

Update on countdown to 6 years from default, some late payments were before this. Debts 2 & 10-14 are no more. SafetyNet is the one that isn't actually defaulted.

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied
    Something else that may be useful to know, was it a fixed term loan i.e. to be repaid by a certain date or revolving credit like a CC. I know some firms did revolving credit so you had a credit limit which they kept upping. The second would need a DN, not so sure about the first.

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied

My understanding is that unless it has been defaulted it will remain as a live account. Did they ever send you a DN? If so I would raise a dispute with the credit reference agencies. You could always raise a dispute and say that according to ICO guidelines these should have been defaulted in a 'reasonable' time and 4 years is not reasonable and see what they say.However, it might be better to leave that action for a while - until after June 2025
    Yes not wanting to do anything to reset the SB clock. No DN ever received.

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied

I've not received anything since the initial correspondence.

--

Still can't get my head around SafetyNet Credit. Creditkarma has it opened but delinquent, clearscore has it as 'in arrears' - missed payments since May 2019. Will it fall off one but not the other eventually? They are now in administration, does that help my case at all?
    My understanding is that unless it has been defaulted it will remain as a live account. Did they ever send you a DN? If so I would raise a dispute with the credit reference agencies. You could always raise a dispute and say that according to ICO guidelines these should have been defaulted in a 'reasonable' time and 4 years is not reasonable and see what they say.However, it might be better to leave that action for a while - until after June 2025

Leave a comment:

• debrag
    replied
    Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post

like that annoying fly that buzzes around your head when you are sweating!
    I have ignored from the day they took over and all I ever get is a letter offering me 80% discount each month!
    I shall wait a little longer then swot them like the annoying fly they are!
    I've not received anything since the initial correspondence.

--

Still can't get my head around SafetyNet Credit. Creditkarma has it opened but delinquent, clearscore has it as 'in arrears' - missed payments since May 2019. Will it fall off one but not the other eventually? They are now in administration, does that help my case at all?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X