GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 2 Natwest OD
    Opened: January 2016
    Type: OD
    Current Balance: £1248
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: n/a
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
    April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
    June - Closing of OD facility letter
    June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
    June - You have fail to comply letter received
    July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
    August - loan interest has been paid off the OD, balance is now £799

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
    July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft.
    So today I received letters for 7 accounts I hold with Natwest. Moorcroft are now dealing with my accounts. It is 2 years into the 6 years for being statute-barred, do you think I will get there? Natwest still hold my accounts and 5 of those 7 accounts are saving accounts so I've no clue why they are being included.

What are Moorcroft like?

Comment

• Just hopefull commission agents bombard for sometime then tend y send back to owner's they are not debt purchasers
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
        Opened: June 2013
        Type: Catalogue
        Current Balance: £1740
        Last fill payment: December 2017
        Owner: JD Williams
        March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
        July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
        August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
        October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
        December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
        December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
        December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
        April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
        May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
        May - Received another contact within 14 days or we will assess your account with a view to commencing court proceedings.
        May - Received 'urgent response required' email. Alerting me to my account being transferred to Debt Managers Ltd and asking for payment.

August - Letter received from Debt Managers. A reminder to pay. No you have to pay by x date.
        August - Letter received from Debt Managers. "We are looking to progress this to our external partner Restons Solicitors"
        Have just ignored this. Just coming up to 2 years into the 6 SB years.

Comment

Debt 1 Natwest Loan +OD
          Opened: August 2016
          Type: Loan
          Current Balance: £4889 -> 5667.01
          Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
          March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
          April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
          May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
          June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
          June - Notice of refund of interest (£468)
          June - You have fail to comply letter received
          July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
          August - yearly statement received
          September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018

August - Letter received from AIC they are now managing my account on Natwest's behalf

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
          February - Received letter from Zinc balance of £5667.01 (OD & Loan combined). 'Time is running out' letter
          July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft.
          September - Received multiple letters from Moorcroft stating they have been unable to agree a repayment plan.
          How long before Moorcroft give up?

Comment

How long before Moorcroft give up?
            Sorry but how long is a piece of string? Of course as Moorcroft are pretty toothless , the longer it stays with then the more you move to SB. Are you still paying? If so it will never be SB but do what is best for you

Comment

• Moorcroft will return to owner after 3 months generally.
              Are you indicating that the balance has increased on Natwest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                Moorcroft will return to owner after 3 months generally.
                Are you indicating that the balance has increased on Natwest?
                no it's both the loan and the OD

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
                  Opened: June 2013
                  Type: Catalogue
                  Current Balance: £1740
                  Owner: JD Williams
                  March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
                  July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
                  August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
                  October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
                  December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
                  December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
                  December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
                  April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
                  May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
                  May - Received another contact within 14 days or we will assess your account with a view to commencing court proceedings.
                  May - Received 'urgent response required' email. Alerting me to my account being transferred to Debt Managers Ltd and asking for payment.

August - Letter received from Debt Managers. A reminder to pay. No you have to pay by x date.
                  August - Letter received from Debt Managers. "We are looking to progress this to our external partner Restons Solicitors"
                  October - Letter received from Restons Solicitors.
                  Letter ignored

Comment

Letter ignored

It's been a while since I've seen Restons Solicitors mentioned on the forum - what does their letter say?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

It's been a while since I've seen Restons Solicitors mentioned on the forum - what does their letter say?

Di
                      Image attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

• begging letter?
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• It would be rare for JDW, to have anything with a signature, they send you the goods 1st, then say you agree to the T&C if you continue with purchase.
                          me thinks the letter is a scare tactic, they used to do this a lot,
                          looks like they are starting it up again.

Comment

• It’s what I call a comic book letter. It’s full of fiction and makes me chuckle to myself!!

Comment

• I noticed they say they had provided you with info of free debt advice.

Funny they never give AAD a mention !

Comment

• Your learning

Comment

Working...
                                X