GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Debt 4 JD WIlliams
    Opened: June 2013
    Type: Catalogue
    Current Balance: £1740
    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
    Last fill payment: December 2017
    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
    Owner: JD Williams
    March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
    July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
    August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
    October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
    December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
    December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
    December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
    April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
    May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
    May - Recieved another contact within 14 days or we will assess your account with a view to commencing court proceedings.
    Do I ignore recent letter?

Comment

• just await their next contact. CCA as 2013 on line was it??

yet above in para 241 you state they have started the procedure and given you 30 does as per PAP. ??? so the recent letter is the usual in department one not knowing what the others are doing = ignore = what is your intention on how you want to deal with this??
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• save as to going thru all the thread did you as it was suggested in the beginning of your threads:- did you send CCA1974 to the webmaster for checking??
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          just await their next contact. CCA as 2013 on line was it??

yet above in para 241 you state they have started the procedure and given you 30 does as per PAP. ??? so the recent letter is the usual in department one not knowing what the others are doing = ignore = what is your intention on how you want to deal with this??
          Yes it was online

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            save as to going thru all the thread did you as it was suggested in the beginning of your threads:- did you send CCA1974 to the webmaster for checking??
            For JD WIlliams? Yes and told unenforceable.

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
              Opened: June 2013
              Current Balance: £1740
              Last fill payment: December 2017
              Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
              Owner: JD Williams
              March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
              July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
              August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
              October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
              December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
              December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
              December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
              April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
              May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
              May - Received another contact within 14 days or we will assess your account with a view to commencing court proceedings.
              May - Received 'urgent response required' email. Alerting me to my account being transferred to Debt Managers Ltd and asking for payment.
              Do I again ignore?

Comment

• await further letter

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
                  Opened: January 2012
                  Type: PDL
                  Current Balance: £481
                  Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
                  Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
                  Arrangement: None
                  Owner: Lantern

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
                  Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
                  Email - debt referral - ARC

Notice of assignment - MMF
                  Repayment plan confirmation
                  Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
                  Repayment plan closed by me
                  August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
                  September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
                  April - Received letter via email '
                  we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
                  May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form

Did you get help with your Irresponsible Lending complaint to QQ?

Read this on Debt Camel's website to see if that explains things for you in case they were being dismissive without good reason and you could now refer your complaint to the FOS > https://debtcamel.co.uk/quickquid-payday-loan-refunds/

Di

Comment

• Hello Di,

I would like to get some help with my debt and don’t know where to post, I subscribed also for AAD+
                    Please help

Comment

• Nik Nik

Hello and welcome to AAD can I suggest you start your own thread/Diary. giving as much information about it. so we can help.

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/f...consumer-forum,

click on the red new topic link, and start your thread
                      have a read of some of the post to get an idea of what info we may need.

Comment

Debt 3 Very
                        Opened: December 2016
                        Current Balance: £767
                        Last fill payment: November 2017
                        Arrangement: DMP / Not paying May 2018
                        Owner: Very (NCO) / Lowell
                        December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
                        March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
                        March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
                        March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
                        May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
                        June - Very statement
                        July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
                        September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
                        October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
                        November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
                        December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
                        December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
                        January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
                        Februrary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
                        May - Received 'your payment is overdue' letter
                        June - Received a 20% discount offer.
                        Just going to sit and wait for a better offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Did you get help with your Irresponsible Lending complaint to QQ?

Read this on Debt Camel's website to see if that explains things for you in case they were being dismissive without good reason and you could now refer your complaint to the FOS > https://debtcamel.co.uk/quickquid-payday-loan-refunds/

^^^^ Did you see this post?

I've replied to your email. Can you reply to mine please

Di

Comment

• Cant quote on mobile. Moriarty Law and sent me a new letter giving me 16 days to reply to them or they will go to court. The 30 days from their last letter isn't up yet and I've have no reply to my cca from Lantern, maybe this is due to them receiving the copy of the cca request I sent them.

Comment

Moriarty Law and sent me a new letter giving me 16 days to reply to them or they will go to court. The 30 days from their last letter isn't up yet and I've have no reply to my cca from Lantern, maybe this is due to them receiving the copy of the cca request I sent them.
                              Could this be because there are 16 days until the end of the 30 days deadline to respond to their Letter of Claim?

My suggestion is you should reply to it now. Tick Box D to say you dispute the debt, and give the reason as non compliance with your s 77/79 CCA Request.

Did you send a copy of your Request to Moriarty Law? If not then enclose a copy of it with your response to the L of C.

Also ask for a copy of the Default Notice and any Notice of Assignment if this debt was sold on.

Di

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
                                Opened: January 2012
                                Type: PDL
                                Current Balance: £481
                                Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
                                Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
                                Arrangement: None
                                Owner: Lantern
                                Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
                                Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
                                Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
                                Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
                                Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
                                Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
                                Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
                                Repayment plan confirmation
                                Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
                                Repayment plan closed by me
                                August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
                                September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
                                April - Received letter via email '
                                we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
                                May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form
                                May - CCA request sent to Lantern and coy to Moriarty Law
                                June - Received copy of cca from Lantern + final demand letter from Moriarty Law
                                Pre-action/letter of claim form returned to Moriarty Law, cca's to be scanned & sent to Niddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X