GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have quick question,

I'm single mother of2 my car just been clamped over PCN. The car is in my name on hire purchase.

he has left I didnt speak to him

he has left with clamp on. Can they remove tow it

Comment

• Hi Julie, can I ask you to start your own thread about this, then we need to know where it was parked and why it was clamped.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
        Debt 12 QQ
        Opened: January 2012
        Type: PDL
        Current Balance: £481
        Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
        Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
        Arrangement: None
        Owner: Lantern
        Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
        Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
        Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
        Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
        Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
        Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
        Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
        Repayment plan confirmation
        Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
        Repayment plan closed by me
        August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
        September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
        April - Received letter via email '
        we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
        May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form
        May - CCA request sent to Lantern and coy to Moriarty Law
        June - Received copy of cca from Lantern + final demand letter from Moriarty Law
        June - Letter received from Moriarty Law requesting my cca from their client. Account on hold & collection activity suspended

June - Received statement of account, assignment letter (not letter headed paper) and cca. Cover letter mentions that they have confirmed the bank details to where the loan went?? I am to discuss payment within 30 days,
        July - Received letter from Moriarty Law giving me another 30 days. Can't find letter so unsure of date.
        August - Received a letter to say I would be receiving ccj papers soon. 14 days I can still arrange something with them.
        August - Same day receive ccj court papers!
        So had a letter to say I would soon be receiving ccj court papers but have 14 days to arrange something. The same day I receive the court papers. Do I reply to Moriarty to come to an arrangement or complete the court forms?

Should I send out my DMP paperwork?

Comment

Debt 3 Very
          Opened: December 2016
          Type: Catalogue
          Current Balance: £767
          Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
          Last fill payment: November 2017
          Arrangement: DMP / Not paying May 2018
          Owner: Very (NCO) / Lowell
          December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
          March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
          March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
          March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
          May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
          June - Very statement
          July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
          September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
          October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
          November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
          December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
          December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
          January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
          Februrary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
          May - Received 'your payment is overdue' letter
          June - Received a 20% discount offer.
          July - Received an overdue payment letter
          July - Another 20% off settlement letter received
          August - Pre-legal assessment letter and annual statement received.
          August - 2nd pre-legal assessment letter
          August - Sent CCA request letter
          August - Receive a £50 cheque for my complaint ??
          Strange all I did was sent them a cca request letter

Comment

Debt 1 Natwest Loan
            Opened: August 2016
            Type: Loan
            Current Balance: £4889
            Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
            Last fill payment: December 2017
            Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
            March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
            April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
            May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
            June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
            June - Notice of refund of interest (£468
            June - You have fail to comply letter received
            July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
            August - yearly statement received
            September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018

August - Letter received from AIC they are now managing my account on Natwest's behalf
            After nothing, for just over a year I get a letter. Are they no longer using Wescot, I've recently been getting calls from one of their numbers.

Comment

So had a letter to say I would soon be receiving ccj court papers but have 14 days to arrange something. The same day I receive the court papers. Do I reply to Moriarty to come to an arrangement or complete the court forms?

Should I send out my DMP paperwork?
              may I suggest you contact Di ASAP, for advice re the court papers,:di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

advice is sometimes better discussed off the forum,
              Last edited by nightwatch; 29 August 2019, 18:53. Reason: computer malfunction
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Diana Mayhew

Comment

The same day I receive the court papers. Do I reply to Moriarty to come to an arrangement or complete the court forms?

Email me the front page of the claim form.

You have 19 days from the Claim Issue date to file your Acknowledgement of Service stating you intend to defend all of the claim.

Now is the time to do your research so you can put the Claimant under pressure to prove their case.

Can you clarify whether you sent a CCA Request to anyone (Lantern?) or only a SAR to Quick Quid? I haven't understood your Diary post, so my apologies.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Email me the front page of the claim form.

You have 19 days from the Claim Issue date to file your Acknowledgement of Service stating you intend to defend all of the claim.

Now is the time to do your research so you can put the Claimant under pressure to prove their case.

Can you clarify whether you sent a CCA Request to anyone (Lantern?) or only a SAR to Quick Quid? I haven't understood your Diary post, so my apologies.

Di
                    I've had multiple copies of the CCA sent to me from all involved. CCA is enforceable so I'm looking to come to an arrangement rather than hash this out more and get a ccj.

CCA received from both Lantern & Mortiarty via cca request
                    CCA received from QQ via SAR.

Comment

CCA is enforceable.

May I ask who said the CCA is enforceable?

(I've got your email and I've replied).

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

May I ask who said the CCA is enforceable?

(I've got your email and I've replied).

Di
                        Niddy

Comment

Niddy

I've re-read post # 41 on your Diary >

Originally posted by Shotley View Post
                          With reference to your QQ debt, It may in fact not be enforceable. You've probably got the same documentation as me.

I have two accounts through CashEuroNet UK LLC with two different DCA's. Lantern/MMF contend the agreement is enforceable but PRA Group say that the agreement isn't. They are identical.

I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb and believe I have found the fatal flaw. I've discussed it with Niddy, (albeit briefly), who says I should keep it under my hat. I will discuss it hopefully later with Di, (I've emailed it to her as well), and if it's a good case I'll share it with you. But hang fire just yet...

Like you I have had no default notice or notice of assignment. Both required.

Can you reply to my email please.

Di

Comment

• If I'm going to get a CCJ anyways. Should I just go the DRO route? Would mean I'd need a guarantor when moving home though.

Comment

• who said your going to get a CCJ?? there are other options.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                                who said your going to get a CCJ?? there are other options.
                                Because that is what the claim form is for and the cca in enforceable. Is it too late to come to an arrangement? Should I just pay it in full?
                                Last edited by debrag; 1 September 2019, 18:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X