GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No you shouldn’t have two active defaults. I used to have two for some debts, one that said settled and one with an outstanding balance. It

ight be worth checking the ‘last updated’ date as it could be the OC has been slow updating. I have a live credit card that only gets updated once every 3 months or so

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
      Debt 3 Very
      Opened: December 2016
      Type: Catalogue
      Current Balance: £767
      Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
      Last fill payment: November 2017
      Arrangement: DMP / Not paying May 2018
      Owner: Very (NCO) / Lowell
      December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
      March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
      March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
      March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
      May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
      June - Very statement
      July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
      September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
      October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
      November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
      December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
      December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
      January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
      Februrary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
      May - Received 'your payment is overdue' letter
      June - Received a 20% discount offer.
      July - Received an overdue payment letter
      July - Another 20% off settlement letter received
      August - Pre-legal assessment letter and annual statement received.
      August - 2nd pre-legal assessment letter
      August - Sent CCA request letter
      August - Receive a £50 cheque for my complaint ??
      October - Received CCA in the post

February - Recieved letter from Lowell about repayment plans, suggesting £30 a month + annual statement.
      March - Received offer letter from Lowell of 50% discount. Says I can set up a repayment plan.
      Could I get a better offer? How low do you think I could get the monthly payments lol

Comment

Debt 1 Natwest Loan
        Opened: August 2016
        Type: Loan
        Current Balance: £4889
        Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
        Last fill payment: December 2017
        Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
        March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
        April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
        May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
        June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
        June - Notice of refund of interest (£468)
        June - You have fail to comply letter received
        July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
        August - yearly statement received
        September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018

August - Letter received from AIC they are now managing my account on Natwest's behalf

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
        February - Received letter from Zinc balance of £5667.01 (OD & Loan combined). 'Time is running out' letter
        Should I try for a very low monthly repayment or ignore till they suggest an offer?

Comment

Should I try for a very low monthly repayment or ignore till they suggest an offer?

Hopefully NatWest will soon assign this amalgamated account to a debt purchaser - ideally one that does not have FCA authorisation to issue legal proceedings

I can't see that you've sent a s77/79 CCA Request for this debt?

I'm not saying you should do that now, but it's important to know the facts before making suggestions as to whether you should, and the timing of this if you should.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Hopefully NatWest will soon assign this amalgamated account to a debt purchaser - ideally one that does not have FCA authorisation to issue legal proceedings

I can't see that you've sent a s77/79 CCA Request for this debt?

I'm not saying you should do that now, but it's important to know the facts before making suggestions as to whether you should, and the timing of this if you should.

Di
            So Zinc are not a debt purchaser then, they don't own the debt? I haven't sent a CCA request yet I was waiting for Natwest to pass the account on.

---

With everything going on currently, will DCA/OC chase for payment at these times?

Comment

• default dates???
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                default dates???
                31.12.2019 for all.

Comment

• ah! new defaults then
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Why did you think the defaults would come off in April? Defaults stay for 6 years from the date of default regardless of if payments have been made.

You say each account has two defaults?
                    Have they been sold on because if so, the default from the original owner should say settled. Remember however it can take up to 90 days for it to appear correctly. As an example, I recently closed an Aqua account and a Barclaycard account because of the punitive interest rates. Barclaycard is showing as settled but Aqua is still showing as active.

Comment

• I suggest that you remove your screen dump of defaults obviously they can be identified and traced.
                      These show NOT a default end date but the date of last update.
                      I presume that Cabot own these?
                      However these twin entries (and there are 2 separate debts).
                      Each separate debt (and its twin) will drop off on the same end date!
                      Can't tell from this what that date is!
                      I suggest you do not take this up because this could restart the Statute Bar clock and be seen as acknowledging the debt!
                      BUT please remove the image!

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                        No you shouldn’t have two active defaults. I used to have two for some debts, one that said settled and one with an outstanding balance. It

ight be worth checking the ‘last updated’ date as it could be the OC has been slow updating. I have a live credit card that only gets updated once every 3 months or so
                        New report as of today and still two defaults for each debt both updated 31st March 2020.

Comment

Debt 3 Very
                          Opened: December 2016
                          Type: Catalogue
                          Current Balance: £767
                          Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
                          Last fill payment: November 2017
                          Arrangement: DMP / Not paying May 2018
                          Owner: Very (NCO) / Lowell
                          December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
                          March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
                          March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
                          March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
                          May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
                          June - Very statement
                          July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
                          September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
                          October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
                          November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
                          December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
                          December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
                          January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
                          Februrary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
                          May - Received 'your payment is overdue' letter
                          June - Received a 20% discount offer.
                          July - Received an overdue payment letter
                          July - Another 20% off settlement letter received
                          August - Pre-legal assessment letter and annual statement received.
                          August - 2nd pre-legal assessment letter
                          August - Sent CCA request letter
                          August - Receive a £50 cheque for my complaint ??
                          October - Received CCA in the post

February - Recieved letter from Lowell about repayment plans, suggesting £30 a month + annual statement.
                          March - Received offer letter from Lowell of 50% discount. Says I can set up a repayment plan.
                          April - Letter received offering a 60% discount
                          Should I accept this new offer?

Comment

• Hi, can i just ask why you are so keen to pay it off?
                            you say you received the CCA in October 2019, but you don't say if Niddy looked at it, to confirm if enforceable or not?
                            that would give us a clue on where to go from here.

Comment

Should I accept this new offer?
                              In my opinion, I would say no and just ignore

BUT
                              you have said you received a response to a CCA request, did you send it to Niddy for his thoughts, if so what did he say?

Another point, when you say you received a £50 cheque for your complaint, what did that say- was it from Lowell? It does seem odd as when Lowell gave me compensation, they just knocked it off the outstanding balance.

It is not up to me to say for definite what you should do and 60% is quite a chunk but I wouldn't - there again, when I used to getthose letters I didn't have the funds to pay so it was irrelevant.

post crossed with NW
                              Last edited by Warwick65; 19 April 2020, 14:43. Reason: Post crossed

Comment

Debt 1 Natwest Loan
                                Opened: August 2016
                                Type: Loan
                                Current Balance: £4889
                                Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
                                Last fill payment: December 2017
                                Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
                                March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
                                April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
                                May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
                                June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
                                June - Notice of refund of interest (£468)
                                June - You have fail to comply letter received
                                July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
                                August - yearly statement received
                                September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018

August - Letter received from AIC they are now managing my account on Natwest's behalf

January - Letter received from NatWest to say the collection agent they are now using is Zinc as their previous ones (I assume AIC) couldn't come to a suitable arrangement. I have been sent the same letter for all my 7 accounts! None are active, most were savings accounts and only 3 are on my credit report.
                                February - Received letter from Zinc balance of £5667.01 (OD & Loan combined). 'Time is running out' letter
                                July - received letter to say their collection agents haven't been able to come to a suitable arrangement so my details have been passed to Moorcroft.
                                So today I received letters for 7 accounts I hold with Natwest. Moorcroft are now dealing with my accounts. It is 2 years into the 6 years for being statute-barred, do you think I will get there? Natwest still hold my accounts and 5 of those 7 accounts are saving accounts so I've no clue why they are being included.

What are Moorcroft like?

Comment

Working...
                                X