GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pat View Post

In which case it will definitely need a compliant S87(1) Default Notice and all the other notices the CCA requires.
    Pat is correct of course

Plus and this is very important!
    Did or have you used this revolving credit to pay off other DEBTS!
    Often these are just debt consolidation Loans!
    But if the original debt(s) was UE this can be seen as trying to dress a turd, that is trying to nake something EN where actual the old deebt was UE
    It is to you advantage to look at this revolving credit and see where the money was spent!

Comment

• Just received the following email:
      LEGAL NOTICE OF ATTACHMENT OF EARNINGS

Hi xxx, This is xxxx from FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) hope you are doing well. I just would like to tell you that we have got a legal complaint against you from your creditors where you are not making the contractual payments or managing just minimum payments towards them.

So this is why these creditors have approached us in order to get the “CCJ” action against you. So that they can have the attachment of earnings with your income of £464.36 every month for these accounts with your income from this month itself, so that they can cover all the money from your side asap because as per the creditors they gave you enough chance to get the arrangements done through the government help known as an "IVA" but you refused to get that help and now they are looking to have legal action against you.

If you do not want to have any sort of legal proceedings and you are struggling with your financial situation and want to get these debts sorted, you do have "three options" left for yourself from these creditors apart from the CCJ.

If you wish to sort-out these debts. we will transfer you to our help desk team to get your finances back on track.
      You have to laugh. It also came from a gmail account.

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
        Just received the following email:

send email to:- report@phishing.gov.uk
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just received the following email:

You couldn't make it up, must think you were born yesterday, As Tech Clerk says, forward it to the government body, This type of charade needs nipping at the bud??????

Comment

• So SafetyNet credit have finally sent me a default notice. I haven't paid anything since September 2019 (3.5 years)! My agreement is going to be terminated and if not paid in full they will seek recovery where necessary by recourse to formal legal proceedings. They may also register a default (about time).

Shall I just continue to do nothing? They are in administration so do you think they will go as far as court for £1213? If they register my default wrong I will just wait till the debt is SB they get it corrected.

Comment

So SafetyNet credit have finally sent me a default notice. I haven't paid anything since September 2019 (3.5 years)! My agreement is going to be terminated and if not paid in full they will seek recovery where necessary by recourse to formal legal proceedings. They may also register a default (about time).

Shall I just continue to do nothing? They are in administration so do you think they will go as far as court for £1213? If they register my default wrong I will just wait till the debt is SB they get it corrected.
              The Case Law points to the Default Notice last date to remedy as the starting time for Statute Bar.
              However there are constraints on when Default Notices should be sent and 3.5 years seems frankly ridiculous.
              There are other considerations such as whether the Account had become closed (sic the terms of the CCA).

You need to create a Diary Entry for SafteyNet credit and bring this up to date!

At some point you will probably need legal advice in this matter and the Diary WILL BE IMPORTANT

Comment

• Debt: SafetyNet Credit
                Opened: October 2017
                Type: OD style loan
                Current Balance: £1214
                Last payment: September 2019
                Last fill payment: September 2019
                Arrangement: None
                November - installment reminder/hold email received
                November - affordable arrangement email received

February - arrangement set up email received
                February - installment reminder email received
                February - affordable arrangement email received
                May - set up plan email received x 3
                May - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received

April - affordable arrangement email received
                July - cost of living/help email received
                July - affordable arrangement email received
                August - monthly statement email received
                August - please log onto your dashboard email received

September - monthly statement email received
                October - monthly statement email received
                October - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received
                November - monthly statement email received
                December - monthly statement email received

January - monthly statement email received
                January - administration email received
                February - monthly statement email received
                March - monthly statement email received
                April - monthly statement email received
                May - monthly statement email received
                May - Arrears letter + email arrived
                June - email & text to tell me to set up a payment plan - account now on hold for 14 days.
                July - statement email
                July - email to tell me fro 4th august phone line and live chat will stop working.
                August - statement email
                September - statement email
                October - recovery instruction letter received by email from
                Credit Resource Solutions ltd.
                December - 25% discount offer email. will ignore

January - last personal message from CRS
                February/March - phone calls from a CRS, not answered
                March - email from iml admin
                Last edited by debrag; 15 March 2024, 17:41.

Comment

Debt: SafetyNet Credit
                  Opened: October 2017
                  Type: OD style loan
                  Current Balance: £1214
                  Last payment: September 2019
                  Last fill payment: September 2019
                  Arrangement: None
                  November - installment reminder/hold email received
                  November - affordable arrangement email received

February - arrangement set up email received
                  February - installment reminder email received
                  February - affordable arrangement email received
                  May - set up plan email received x 3
                  May - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received

April - affordable arrangement email received
                  July - cost of living/help email received
                  July - affordable arrangement email received
                  August - monthly statement email received
                  August - please log onto your dashboard email received

September - monthly statement email received
                  October - monthly statement email received
                  October - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received
                  November - monthly statement email received
                  December - monthly statement email received

January - monthly statement email received
                  January - administration email received
                  February - monthly statement email received
                  March - monthly statement email received
                  April - monthly statement email received
                  May - monthly statement email received
                  May - Arrears letter + email arrived

I will look to see if I have any actual letters later.
                  You say this was an overdraft type of loan. Do you mean that this is revolving credit- you have an amount you can take and as you pay it off you can then take more. I think this might be more accurately described as revolving credit. If that is the case a S78 request might be appropriate at some point. However if they are not actively chasing you it might be unwise- I certainly wouldn't do anything at the moment.

Comment

• Do you realise they are in administration - I suspect that this is why you have been sent a default notice https://www.safetynet.credit

Therefore, at some point I suspect the debt will be sold to a debt purchaser. However I think the parent company is still registered by the FCA and has to follow the FCA procedures

https://register.fca.org.uk/s/search...type=Companies

If and when it is sold on, that may well be the time to send the S78 request- do you still have a copy of the agreement?

Comment

• Which raises the legal question can an Agent (Administrator) send a Default Notice!
                      Because SafetyNet Credit were sending
                      2021 May - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received
                      2022 October - NOSIA notice of sums of arrears email received

Since SafetyNet Credit are in Administration it seems the question they can't send a Default Notice
                      So the legal question is can their Agent?
                      I don't know even whether they can honour a S.78 request.

As I pointed out
                      ".. At some point you will probably need legal advice in this matter and the Diary WILL BE IMPORTANT.."
                      Well done for the Diary!

Don't presume watch what happens but I suspect legal advice will be appropriate

Comment

• If you read the FCA notice it says 'This firm is in administration. It has stopped taking on new business but has to continue to meet our standards in dealing with its customers'. Therefore it is able to send the required notices which maybe includes the S87(1) DN. As this is in totality £1200 I doubt very much it would be appropriate to pay for legal advice. If it all got heavy you might be able to make an offer for less than legal fees- just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Usually, administrators sell on the 'book' to a debt purchaser such as Lantern. Depending on when and if, that may be the time to send the S78 request but if it were me I would wait until I got some unwanted attention from them.

Have you made an affordability complaint? Have you had any emails about them?
                        https://debtcamel.co.uk/affordabilit...t-record-faqs/

Comment

• BUT they had been issuing NOSIA notices for several years implying that a Default Notice had been issued and or that the Account had been closed?

Happened with some of my Debts ! Closed without DN and then later issued DN on closed Accounts (A NO NO)
                          I don't know. Your Choice but remember the DCA's have COMPLEX LEGAL ISSUES OVER OWNERSHIP and Agencies and Authorisations.
                          I DON'T PRESUME AND I DON'T ASSUME just record in your Diary (well done) so that when and or if you require legal advice the information is there to help YOU.
                          THIS IS THE AAD WAY

If matters progress then by all means (excellent suggestion) but for the moment SILENCE
                          https://debtcamel.co.uk/affordabilit...t-record-faqs/

Comment

Do you realise they are in administration - I suspect that this is why you have been sent a default notice https://www.safetynet.credit

Therefore, at some point I suspect the debt will be sold to a debt purchaser. However I think the parent company is still registered by the FCA and has to follow the FCA procedures

https://register.fca.org.uk/s/search...type=Companies

If and when it is sold on, that may well be the time to send the S78 request- do you still have a copy of the agreement?
                            yes I do and that it why was wondering what they can do. No I don't still have the agreement.

Comment

You say this was an overdraft type of loan. Do you mean that this is revolving credit- you have an amount you can take and as you pay it off you can then take more. I think this might be more accurately described as revolving credit. If that is the case a S78 request might be appropriate at some point. However if they are not actively chasing you it might be unwise- I certainly wouldn't do anything at the moment.
                              Yes a rolling credit. Sorry I didn't make it clear above but they are now chasing me that is what I asked questions. I got the 'pay before 30 June' email and letter.

Comment

Yes a rolling credit. Sorry I didn't make it clear above but they are now chasing me that is what I asked questions. I got the 'pay before 30 June' email and letter.
                                Yes I understood that.
                                A SAR at somepoint will be required.

Now the question is the reason for the A/c! Was this to pay off an existing Debt elsewhere. Rolling Credit was used that way! If So were SafetyNet Credit aware of this?
                                Was it an existing Debt or New Debt? This is important also is it secured in any way?

A Dormant Account? (The presumption is for CREDIT Account not Debit hence an issue of the legal position)
                                Dormant Bank and Building Society Accounts Act 2008

".. A dormant account is not the same as a closed account. A dormant account is an account that has had no activity for a long period of time, usually between three and five years. .."

Creditkarma has it opened but delinquent, clearscore has it as 'in arrears' - missed payments since May 2019. Will it fall off one but not the other eventually?

This has been reported CRA's and this is acting to your detriment because of your credit rating!

Consumers’ debts come with an expiration date known as a statute of limitations that limits the timeframe collectors can pursue legal actions against you.

Now your question is about a DORMANT DEBT ACCOUNT in the hands of an Administrator! Who has issued a Default Notice ? but in their or SafetyNet Credit name?

My understanding is they would have to send a LETTER BEFORE CLAIM before they could SUE you.
                                Most likely this is to Sell the DEBT with other DEBTS.

I hope you can see its a can of worms isn't it?
                                I would wait and see what happens next!
                                It will help you and AAD if you can remember if this Loan was for an existing Debt or was New Money!

Comment

Working...
                                X