GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Yes, plenty

Can you guide me to the post on your Diary which list the history of this NatWest debt before I can make any helpful suggestions as to your next steps (if any)?

Di
    Post's 3+4, can't multi quote sorry

Comment

• I can't multi quote either, just copy and paste xx

post 3
      Debt 1 Natwest Loan
      Opened: August 2016
      Type: Loan
      Current Balance: £4889
      Last payment: £1.00 | June 2018
      Last fill payment: December 2017
      Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
      March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
      April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
      May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
      June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
      June - Notice of refund of interest (£468
      June - You have fail to comply letter received
      July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
      August - yearly statement received
      September - credit report updated and loan is closed. Account defaulted August 2018

Last edited by debrag; 12th September 2018, 20:43.

post 4 Debt 2 Natwest OD
      Opened: January 2016
      Type: OD
      Current Balance: £1248
      Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
      Last fill payment: n/a
      March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
      April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
      June - Closing of OD facility letter
      June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
      June - You have fail to comply letter received
      July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
      August - loan interest has been paid off the OD, balance is now £799

Last edited by debrag; 1st December 2018, 18:19.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
        Debt 12 QQ
        Opened: January 2012
        Type: PDL
        Current Balance: £481
        Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
        Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
        Arrangement: None
        Owner: Lantern
        Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
        Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
        Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
        Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
        Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
        Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
        Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
        Repayment plan confirmation
        Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
        Repayment plan closed by me
        August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
        September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
        April - Received letter via email '
        we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
        So it;s been over 7 days and nothing as yet.

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
          Opened: June 2013
          Type: Catalogue
          Current Balance: £1740
          Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
          Last fill payment: December 2017
          Owner: JD Williams
          March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
          July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
          August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
          October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
          December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
          December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
          December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
          April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
          May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
          5th May received a 'please contact us within 14 days...we will consider taking legal action..."

Comment

• Hi debrag,

sorry I can't help with PDL's coz I Know nothing. but I have found this website to be quite helpfull.

https://debtcamel.co.uk

hope it is of some help

Nightwatch
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
              Opened: January 2012
              Type: PDL
              Current Balance: £481
              Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
              Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
              Arrangement: None
              Owner: Lantern
              Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
              Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
              Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
              Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
              Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
              Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
              Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
              Repayment plan confirmation
              Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
              Repayment plan closed by me
              August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
              September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
              April - Received letter via email '
              we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
              May - Received Letter of Claim from Moriarty Law giving me 30 days to return the form
              So what should I do now? Should I tick box D 'I dispute the debt' and box I 'I need more documents'. I've never done a cca request only a SAR. The CCA's I have (5) are all in html format.
              Last edited by debrag; 21 May 2019, 06:55.

Comment

• I suggest you have a word with Di , all cases are different.

Comment

• As NW has suggested message Di; the way that you reply to one of these can be important in how you deal with any claim that may follow.
                  di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Comment

So what should I do now?

. . . . . I've never done a cca request only a SAR.

I would immediately send a s77/78 CCA Request by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery including the £1 statutory fee.

You should send it to Lantern (formerly know as MMF) and also send a copy of your request to Moriarty Law.

What is the date on that 'Letter of Claim' from Moriarty Law?

Di

Comment

I would immediately send a s77/78 CCA Request by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery including the £1 statutory fee.

You should send it to Lantern (formerly know as MMF) and also send a copy of your request to Moriarty Law.

What is the date on that 'Letter of Claim' from Moriarty Law?

Di
                      It's dated 15th May.

Comment

Did you also see what I said in this post because it's important and could help you

Di

Comment

• CCA Request send Recorded Delivery keep copy

Comment

Did you also see what I said in this post because it's important and could help you

Di
                            Yes CCA request gas been sent. Do I send back the claim form at the last min?

I remember a short time back asking for documentation (not via cca request), when they first mentioned Moriarty Law and got a reply - 'Unfortunately, your account has now been transferred to Moriarty Law. You can contact them either by telephone, email or post. Please find below the details you require'.

Comment

Do I send back the claim form at the last min?.

Have you received an actual Claim Form from NCCBC or do you mean the 'Letter of Claim'?

Di

Comment

Have you received an actual Claim Form from NCCBC or do you mean the 'Letter of Claim'?

Di
                                It's a letter of claim, enclosed with a standard financial statement and a 4 page reply form. Section 1 - Do you owe the debt?; Section 2 - How will you pay?; Do you intend to get or are you already getting debt advice? It's headed Moriarty Law and states you have 30 days etc... if you don't, it could result in court proceedings.

Do I ignore this, what would be their next step?

Comment

Working...
                                X