GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps as your last payment was 2018 it’s only 4 years? I would expect them to pipe up towards end of 5 year but who really knows what or if these think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
      Perhaps as your last payment was 2018 it’s only 4 years? I would expect them to pipe up towards end of 5 year but who really knows what or if these think?
      Sorry yes last payment was June 2018, default August 2018. Am I now not in my 5th year, just?

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post

Sorry yes last payment was June 2018, default August 2018. Am I now not in my 5th year, just?
        I think it's a case of glass half full or half empty. Either you are in your fifth year, or you have just completed four years. You are working towards 6years plus one month from (it appears) August 2018. Well done on the current milestone - just over two more years to keep following the advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I think it's a case of glass half full or half empty. Either you are in your fifth year, or you have just completed four years. You are working towards 6years plus one month from (it appears) August 2018. Well done on the current milestone - just over two more years to keep following the advice.
          6 years 1 month is September 2024? So basically in my final 2 years?

Comment

6 years 1 month is September 2024? So basically in my final 2 years?
            Sorry - is this the five minute argument, or the full half hour?

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
              Opened: June 2013
              Type: Catalogue
              Current Balance: £1740
              Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
              Last fill payment: December 2017
              Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
              Owner: JD Williams
              March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
              July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
              August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
              October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
              December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
              December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
              December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
              April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
              May - Received 'we may consider taking action letter'
              May - Received another contact within 14 days or we will assess your account with a view to commencing court proceedings.
              May - Received 'urgent response required' email. Alerting me to my account being transferred to Debt Managers Ltd and asking for payment.

August - Letter received from Debt Managers. A reminder to pay. No you have to pay by x date.
              August - Letter received from Debt Managers. "We are looking to progress this to our external partner Restons Solicitors"
              October - Letter received from Restons Solicitors.
              November - Letter received from Restons asking me to fill in a financial statement online. Have given me till 13th November then they will issue a letter of claim.
              November - Receiving the same letter as emails now

October - Received welcome letter from Intrum who are now the owner of the debt not Debt Managers Ltd. I am still to deal with Restons.
              What are Intrum like to deal with?

Comment

• Persistent but beatable.

Comment

What are Intrum like to deal with?
                  like that annoying fly that buzzes around your head when you are sweating!
                  I have ignored from the day they took over and all I ever get is a letter offering me 80% discount each month!
                  I shall wait a little longer then swot them like the annoying fly they are!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post

like that annoying fly that buzzes around your head when you are sweating!
                    I have ignored from the day they took over and all I ever get is a letter offering me 80% discount each month!
                    I shall wait a little longer then swot them like the annoying fly they are!
                    I've not received anything since the initial correspondence.

--

Still can't get my head around SafetyNet Credit. Creditkarma has it opened but delinquent, clearscore has it as 'in arrears' - missed payments since May 2019. Will it fall off one but not the other eventually? They are now in administration, does that help my case at all?

Comment

I've not received anything since the initial correspondence.

--

Still can't get my head around SafetyNet Credit. Creditkarma has it opened but delinquent, clearscore has it as 'in arrears' - missed payments since May 2019. Will it fall off one but not the other eventually? They are now in administration, does that help my case at all?
                      My understanding is that unless it has been defaulted it will remain as a live account. Did they ever send you a DN? If so I would raise a dispute with the credit reference agencies. You could always raise a dispute and say that according to ICO guidelines these should have been defaulted in a 'reasonable' time and 4 years is not reasonable and see what they say.However, it might be better to leave that action for a while - until after June 2025

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post

My understanding is that unless it has been defaulted it will remain as a live account. Did they ever send you a DN? If so I would raise a dispute with the credit reference agencies. You could always raise a dispute and say that according to ICO guidelines these should have been defaulted in a 'reasonable' time and 4 years is not reasonable and see what they say.However, it might be better to leave that action for a while - until after June 2025
                        Yes not wanting to do anything to reset the SB clock. No DN ever received.

Comment

• Something else that may be useful to know, was it a fixed term loan i.e. to be repaid by a certain date or revolving credit like a CC. I know some firms did revolving credit so you had a credit limit which they kept upping. The second would need a DN, not so sure about the first.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	countdown.png Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	1547876

Update on countdown to 6 years from default, some late payments were before this. Debts 2 & 10-14 are no more. SafetyNet is the one that isn't actually defaulted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post
                              Something else that may be useful to know, was it a fixed term loan i.e. to be repaid by a certain date or revolving credit like a CC. I know some firms did revolving credit so you had a credit limit which they kept upping. The second would need a DN, not so sure about the first.
                              It was revolving credit like an overdraft.

Comment

It was revolving credit like an overdraft.
                                In which case it will definitely need a compliant S87(1) Default Notice and all the other notices the CCA requires.

Comment

Working...
                                X