GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They say they are responding to your communication- what exactly was that, was it a CCA request with the fee or just a prove it type letter? Or did you even request the credit agreement, this is MMF after all

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
      They say they are responding to your communication- what exactly was that, was it a CCA request with the fee or just a prove it type letter? Or did you even request the credit agreement, this is MMF after all
      I sent a SAR request July 2018 to Lantern then one to QQ September 2018. I seem to have lost most emails from 2018 but I received a bunch of documents originally that contained a credit agreement from Lantern/MMF. I then received a link to documents online from QQ which I can no longer access. I'm hoping I still have them downloaded. [edit] I still have all documents

I haven't been in contact with them for months.

Do I tell them they haven't attached anything? Does this mean I've sent in a CCA request according to Lantern even if I haven't?
      Last edited by debrag; 10 April 2019, 11:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post

NO I haven't sent a CCA request yet, been waiting for Very to default and they finally have after a year!!

I have received a welcome letter on 21st Feb then a payment due letter 11th March. So far I have just ignored.
        Do I just continue to ignore correspondence from Lowell? I'm getting voice messages to call them, Very no longer exists on my reports only Lowell.
        Also should my default be Jan 2018 rather than Feb 2019?

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
          Opened: June 2013
          Type: Catalogue
          Current Balance: £1740
          Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
          Last fill payment: December 2017
          Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
          Owner: JD Williams
          March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
          July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
          August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
          October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
          December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
          December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
          December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
          April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
          CCA received for JD WIlliams. I have both the copy that was to be signed and returned and the copy I was to keep. Neither have been signed by me or have a x.

Comment

• Not many do as not a lot of people sent them back, they had already got the goods so why sign. xxx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
              Opened: June 2013
              Type: Catalogue
              Current Balance: £1740
              Last fill payment: December 2017
              Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
              Owner: JD Williams
              March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
              July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
              August - Payplan agreement finally cancelled by JD Williams
              October - Default noticed recieved

November - Received letter to say JD Williams has sold my debt along with a notice of assignment letter from Debt Managers (Services) LTD who have been sold the debt, they now act as data controller.
              December - new credit report shows default date of 15/11/2018
              December - Letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.
              December - Another letter received from Debt Managers LTD. Outstanding balance of £1742.18. Pay in full or contact for a repayment plan.

January - Reply received from my CCA request. Account referred back to JD Williams for a copy of my CCA. Fee is no longer needed for this application. Account on hold.
              April - CCA received. No signature or x appears.
              Sent CCA to Niddy who say's it's UE!!

Do I need to do anything now or just keep the CCA safe. Do I just produce this document if it ever goes to court?

Comment

• Just file it away in a safe place, if that is the basis of a court claim they will not get far, you won't need to produce it, unless and this is a BIG unless, they try and produce a signed one, along with T&C from when taken out,
                have a nice weekend
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                  Just file it away in a safe place, if that is the basis of a court claim they will not get far, you won't need to produce it, unless and this is a BIG unless, they try and produce a signed one, along with T&C from when taken out,
                  have a nice weekend
                  Will it need to be a signed copy and not just one with an X as it appears to be a CCA sent through the post rather than done online, though I opened the account online.

Comment

• You may well have opened the account online, but the agreement was sent after for you to sign, probably after you had received the goods and just as you paid the first payment to them,
                    As I have said before this was/is how they work/worked.
                    even if one part was signed and returned, I dont think they bothered to check if you signed it yourself or Micky Mouse did it for you.
                    unless they have the signed one and the T&C's that went with it they will struggle to take it to court,
                    they can report it to credit reference agencys, they can also ask you to pay up, BUT, as it is UE you do not have to make a payment.

Comment

• 1 year down 5 to go with natwest. Anyone had any experience with them?

Comment

1 year down 5 to go with natwest. Anyone had any experience with them?
                        Hi debrag, My OH had a debt of over 10k with Nat West, when CCA’d they admitted immediately they had no agreement, (misfiled - yeah right) rather unsurprisingly they sold it on to PRA within 10 months of default, (and no contact whatsoever from OH) still at the handful of calls a day stage from PRA, they go straight to voicemail as the numbers are barred, not a single letter from them yet except the NOA. I’m sure they’ll appear in the not too distant future.

Comment

1 year down 5 to go with natwest. Anyone had any experience with them?

Yes, plenty

Can you guide me to the post on your Diary which list the history of this NatWest debt before I can make any helpful suggestions as to your next steps (if any)?

Di

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
                            Opened: January 2012
                            Type: PDL
                            Current Balance: £481
                            Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
                            Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
                            Arrangement: None
                            Owner: Lantern
                            Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
                            Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
                            Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
                            Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
                            Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
                            Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
                            Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
                            Repayment plan confirmation
                            Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
                            Repayment plan closed by me
                            August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
                            September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
                            April - Received letter via email '
                            we will now instruct our solicitors to commence recovery action...f we do not hear from you within the next 7 days we will be left with no alternative but to refer your account to Moriarty Law Limited.'
                            So looks like account is getting sent to Moriarty Law. Should I do anything at all? MY David Lloyd/ARC account went to then in October 2018 & I received a letter demanding to hear from me within 14 days. I've heard nothing since that letter. Have since been getting calls from ARC again.

Comment

Debt 11 David Lloyd
                              Opened: August 2016
                              Type: Gym
                              Current Balance: £582
                              Last fill payment: July 2016
                              Arrangement: Reduced payments
                              Owner: ARC
                              ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?

August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
                              August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
                              September - received a 'could issue a claim' letter
                              October - received a letter from Major Law Solicitors

March - Getting calls again from ARC - not paid since sometime November 2018, haven't heard form them for months.
                              April - Tried to log in to my ARC account but the reference but can't
                              ARC have a new login system (I haven't signed up to it), 'quick pay' shows my account as £0. Has it been sold on then?

Comment

• If the balance shows as 0 it may suggest they either have sold it or have written it down ready for sale. Not much you can do tbh

Comment

Working...
                                X