GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    As you now know Credit Resource Solutions is smoke and mirrors and they are giving you the run around!
    If you Bank won't cancel this Direct Debt. Open a current account at another bank and then close or empty this account!
    As for any letters you receive file away and date the envelope.
    Get into the habit of filing and dating letters from your creditors. Good filing and a fleshed out Diary will enable the MODS to give good advice.
    Lived here nearly 3 years (09/18) and never had any letters other than from Natwest. In fact the others have an address that I moved from in May 2014. The bank payments are debit transactions so I'm assuming CPA. I'd move from this bank but it's my student account with a £500 OD limit at it's limit. Will get round to phone the bank (Barclays) later today.

Comment

Originally posted by debrag View Post
      Lived here nearly 3 years (09/18) and never had any letters other than from Natwest. In fact the others have an address that I moved from in May 2014. The bank payments are debit transactions so I'm assuming CPA. I'd move from this bank but it's my student account with a £500 OD limit at it's limit. Will get round to phone the bank (Barclays) later today.
      The idea is to have a current account with a Bank other than your current creditors for making payments etc..Also a safe place to save into your Fighting fund which is other than your existing Bankers, because Banks have the right of set off between your accounts!
      You can leave this account open and the student o/d at its limit but you must be able to control the D/D's etc
      The plan is for you to take control of your debts and outlays here!

Comment

It's not a direct debit and I don't actually use the account

Comment

So who do I contact about payments still going out my bank account for £1.49 each month? Credit Resource Solutions claim the last payment was April 2018 and that they are no longer dealing with this case. I seem to be getting no where with them. Does anyone have a template I can use to send to both them and the bank?

It's not a direct debit and I don't actually use the account
          We seem to be discussing at crossed purposes here.
          The £1.49 each month isn't going to Credit Resource Solutions but is the Student £500 o/d facility? Is this correct?

Comment

Ask the bank in writing to cancel the cpa If they won't then escalate to a formal complaint. From there go to the fos. How long is it since you graduated, there are still graduate accounts available I think.

Comment

I'm still a student. The payments are going from my bank to Credit Resource Solutions.

Comment

I'm still a student. The payments are going from my bank to Credit Resource Solutions.
                Don't know who your banker is but for these payments
                NAT West.
                https://personal.natwest.com/persona...nsactions.html
                Barclays
                https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/paym...hority--cpa--/

There will be similar facilities with other Banks

Comment

So if they keep taking the money this will push you over your od limit won't it, thus costing you lots in fees etc. Hence get a written notice to stop paying the cpa immediately. Also if you have a debit card, maybe "report it lost' and ask for a new one

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams
                    Opened: June 2013
                    Type: Catalogue
                    Current Balance: £1740
                    Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
                    Last fill payment: December 2017
                    Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
                    Owner: JD Williams

March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
                    July - 'We have not received you payment' letter received along with an arrears fact sheet from the FCA

Comment

Debt 3 Very

Opened: December 2016
                      Type: Catalogue
                      Current Balance: £767
                      Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
                      Last fill payment: November 2017
                      Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
                      Owner: Very (NCO)

December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
                      March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
                      March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
                      March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
                      May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
                      June - Very statement
                      July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet

Comment

You know something has occurred to me. You are a student, are you full time? How many years do you have left?

You have defaults relatively recently so your credit report is kinda screwed.

Depending what job you have/want, a DRO might be an option. I know it hoes against the ethos of this site and not something I am saying do, but maybe now, while you have limited income it would be a good time.

Depending on where you are a student, there might be a good SU with advice.

Just a thought and not a suggestion.

Full blown bankruptcy was always my fallback position should my creditors get too heavy but I didn't need it.

Comment

Sorry anything that goes in the public register is a no no as I'm renting. I have thought about a DRO before though

Comment

Defaults may show if an agency does a credit check. Not all landlords worry about BR or DRO especially if you are a sitting tenant and up to date.

They were only thoughts and not suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                              Defaults may show if an agency does a credit check. Not all landlords worry about BR or DRO especially if you are a sitting tenant and up to date.

They were only thoughts and not suggestions.
                              Rental credit checks only show public information. I have no worries about where I currently am only if I need to move anytime soon.

Comment

Debt 13 Trugym
                                Opened: August 2012
                                Current Balance: £86
                                Last payment: November 2015
                                Last full payment: March 2013 maybe
                                Arrangement: None
                                Owner: Credit Resolution Services

January - Email from Zinc "we have been instructed by our client to assist you with the resolution of your account."
                                March - Missed payment
                                April - Missed payment
                                June - balance update by email - £162
                                July - Settlement offer email - £114.33
                                July - Payment reminder email x 2

September - Arrears email, balance now £52.44
                                September - Settlement offer via email £39.33
                                September - email regarding settlement offer
                                October - Missed payment email, appear I was paying till May 2015
                                October - Payment reminder, £2.44
                                November - Trying to make contact email x 2, balance now £50, did I pay the £2.44??
                                December - We have not received a response email x 3

January - We have not received a response email x 3
                                Contact from CRS

June - Letter received stating account sent back to CRS
                                July - email received:

I would first like to explain that The Zinc Group are a third party organisation working under the instruction of our clients to assist their customers.

The Zinc Group are provided limited data and are considered only to be processors, however Credit Resolution Services (CRS) remain the controllers of the data associated with your account.

In light of this, CRS have requested that you contact them directly should you wish to submit a Data Subject Access Request. You can contact them, stating the reason for your DSAR, including your account details at
                                subjectaccessrequest@harlandsgroup.co.uk

I can confirm your account was returned to our client in March 2016. As The Zinc Group are no longer the managing agents of your account, you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter.
                                SAR received today. Last payment made November 2015 so SB November 2021! Very detailed SAR with screen shoots of all databases, they don't have an up to date landline though Looks like it went to 'doorstep' status at an old address lol Awaiting their next move

Comment

Working...
                                X