GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    So if they keep taking the money this will push you over your od limit won't it, thus costing you lots in fees etc. Hence get a written notice to stop paying the cpa immediately. Also if you have a debit card, maybe "report it lost' and ask for a new one
    Good plan

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Shotley View Post
      I have found the fatal flaw. I've discussed it with Niddy, (albeit briefly), who says I should keep it under my hat. I will discuss it hopefully later with Di, (I've emailed it to her as well), and if it's a good case I'll share it with you.

Oh dear, I can't find that email in my Inbox and I've searched my Junk folder too.

Would you be kind enough to resend it to me.

Di

Comment

I've just forwarded it to you again Diana Mayhew

Comment

I've just forwarded it to you again Diana Mayhew

That was quick! I've got it this time.

It makes interesting reading

It also makes the point that you have to run forensics over any documentation produced by a creditor/debt purchaser; but more importantly don't let them know what you discover until the time is right.

Di

Comment

Yes, it's clear the DCA's haven't looked at that creditor closely enough. It should also explain why the original creditor would fail to try and chase the debt in court themselves.

Mind most purge to sell their toxic debts and use them as a tax write off don't they?

Hopefully if Moroniarty Law start court action this would nip it in the bud. Mind they've still not sent the default notice and notice of assignment requested when I returned their LBA form

Comment

most purge to sell their toxic debts and use them as a tax write off don't they?

I plead the Fifth Amendment

Di

Comment

Originally posted by debrag View Post

SAR received today. Last payment made November 2015 so SB November 2021! Very detailed SAR with screen shoots of all databases, they don't have an up to date landline though Looks like it went to 'doorstep' status at an old address lol Awaiting their next move
                No mention of the missing payments but at least my bank has cancelled any payments and is investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by debrag View Post
                  Debt 4 JD WIlliams
                  Opened: June 2013
                  Type: Catalogue
                  Current Balance: £1740
                  Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
                  Last fill payment: December 2017
                  Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
                  Owner: JD Williams
                  March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
                  July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA
                  August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?

Comment

Anyone had any dealing with ARC? Before when I hadn't paid them they phoned me which I don't want them to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
                      If your last full (i.e. contractual) payment for this J D Williams catalogue account was in December 2017, you should have been sent a Default Notice then (were you?) and the account should be showing as defaulted on your CRA file.

It only feels like it goes on forever, but the calls/letters will eventually stop

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

If your last full (i.e. contractual) payment for this J D Williams catalogue account was in December 2017, you should have been sent a Default Notice then (were you?) and the account should be showing as defaulted on your CRA file.

It only feels like it goes on forever, but the calls/letters will eventually stop

Di
                        No default notice that I remember but will go have a look in a min. Also it's not defaulted on my CRA file:

December was AA (1)
                        January was AA (2)
                        February was OK
                        March was DM (uc)
                        April was DM (uc)
                        May was DM (uc)
                        June was DM (1)

I went to Payplan in December/January, went self-managed February, stopped paying July.

It's the same as Very who I hear never like to default.

Comment

Debt 14 Lending Stream
                          Opened: February 2012
                          Type: Gym
                          Current Balance: £86
                          Last payment: Unknown
                          Last fill payment: 2012
                          Arrangement: None
                          Owner: Credit Resource Solutions

In dispute, LS claim balance is still 134

Deleted emails
                          Confused this debt with one above
                          CRS sent back to LS

Possibly SB March 2019
                          SAR request sent
                          August - received SAR documentation which is basically nothing. 2 screen shots of my details and an excel spreadsheet of notes. Not default, CCA, statement of account, no payments etc. Should I just ignore all letters from credit resource solutions?

Comment

• In the notes are there mentions of default notices or anything. SARs are not always easy to read

I am sure you have explained this but this debt is Lending Stream but you have put type of debt 'Gym' is that just a typo or something else

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                              In the notes are there mentions of default notices or anything. SARs are not always easy to read

I am sure you have explained this but this debt is Lending Stream but you have put type of debt 'Gym' is that just a typo or something else
                              Yes gym is a typo.

All the notes show are letters/emails sent between them and me. It's just a spreadsheet with everything listed.

- please call regarding the overdue balance
                              - you have been sent statement of accounts
                              - I am in dispute
                              - you have been sent LendDEF250513.pdf - appears I've been sent it twice, no clue what this letter is and it's not been sent with the SAR.

Comment

Debt 12 QQ

Opened: January 2012
                                Type: PDL
                                Current Balance: £481
                                Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
                                Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
                                Arrangement: None
                                Owner: Lantern

Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
                                Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
                                Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
                                Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
                                Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
                                Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
                                Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
                                Repayment plan confirmation
                                Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
                                Repayment plan closed by me
                                August - Email from QQ to let me know the investigation into my complaint is still on going. Been 1 month since I sent the SAR request. It was sent as a irresponsible lending complaint.

---

How do I show evidence of irresponsible lending when all PDLs bar one (LS) have fallen off my credit file? Would I just be using the QQ data?

Comment

Working...
                                X