GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1&1 Internet Scam / Arvatal Collections - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1&1 Internet Scam / Arvatal Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1&1 Internet Scam / Arvatal Collections

Interesting

Yonks ago I took a domain with 1&1 to see their back end, as I did with all the main providers as we're also a hosting provider so to compare and better existing systems I've bought various domains from various suppliers.

1&1 work very differently in that they want DD or reoccurring PayPal payments. I remember at the time calling and emailing telling them I was only purchasing a domain and thus didn't want auto renewal. I also cancelled the reoccurring payment after raising a PayPal dispute.

This was all done through our company, simpleServe UK - not me personally.

Today I get the strangest of emails from some cowboy firm called Arvato.co.uk making threats. A simple google search led me here --> 1and1 domain name scam: 1and1 domain name scam.

Or this --> Bloggers help please! Sink 1and1 in Google. - Webdistortion : Webdistortion

In fact google is full with such stories.

I'll post our email exchange shortly but felt this needs attention so I'm ready to play with them. Legal fight? Yes please. Bring it on. I'm game, question is - do they really know what they're messing with here?

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: 1&1 Internet Scam / Arvatal Collections

Cheeky boogars.......go get 'em Nid
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

*pulls up a chair

Comment

Oh guys, never use 1 & 1!

They are the most hated provider out there, absolutely rubbish.

I use Agilityhoster, always get good support from them, min downtime.

Prob is they changed the packages recently, so no new people can get the same deal as me, but im happy with 32 domains, unlimited sub domains, 60 databases, and loads of traffic all for 40 quid a year.

Shame they stopped it for newbies tho.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Me too, I have about 15 domains with them and they've recently made it even harder to cancel. That said, I've had no other probs, but I know they're not generally well liked.
          I'm also with Lunar in the States and not had any probs with them at all.

Comment

Domain transfer fees is common practice, however NOT between the same provider! what a rip off.

If it were me, id switch, and email 1 & 1 and tell them, to change nameservers to your new provider straight away, they have no choice but to do this, infact your new host can make them do it anyway
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
            X