GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ignored Them...DO NOTHING - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignored Them...DO NOTHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignored Them...DO NOTHING

Just wanted to share my Car Parking experience.

I parked up in a local town center parking position and duly purchased a ticket from the nearest machine, placing said ticket clearly in view on my vehicle. Sighting the Ticket enforcement officer in his little van as I walked into Town for a Hour.

On return there was the sticky unpaid enforcement Notice on my Screen....So I politely approached the parking attendant , now cowering in his little booth, and suggested he saw the error of his way and remove the notice. With his limited English all he could muster was that I needed to contact head office to sort the problem. So with my purchased allocated ticket in hand I marched down to the Local Council to have it out with any one willing to talk to me I was informed by the receptionist that the Ticket Was for a PRIVATE company not the council. In my haste I'd parked in a once council owned car park, walked 2m to the Council owned ticket machine and put the Council ticket on my car parked in the Private car park!!!!!

So I went home, Scoured the Internet and came across a few articles where this had beena common issue for a number of years in this particular Town Center Car Park!!!!Shoot I thought, So I prepped the Letter to the Private Company, explaining my dreadful error and may they see fit to accept my offer of a new ticket I'd willingly purchase to rectify the fine. Providing the Original ticket as proof of my error. All enveloped up and ready to go, convinced they would be kind hearted and amicable in my defence Sitting ready to be posted tomorrow.

Later that night, I casually drudged through some online info where I luckily found, along the lines of; you have entered into a private contract by parking on their land, they would have to take you to court to get the money allegedly owed, they can not send bailiffs or take the money any other way unless they go through court which cost them money and win, they will have to know where you live, contact details etc, which THEY HAVE NOT GOT...and would have to apply to the DVLA to get your personal details...However, the reality is that extremely few cases ever reach court because of the difficulties the private company has in proving its case.
    So I Literally tore up the envelope, Sighing to myself, almost dropped a clanger, never heard a dickie bird from them.
    If I'd phoned them, or sent them my explanation letter they would have my address, contact details, and they would of started the threat-O-Gram letters, which would of been irritating.

Re: Ignored Them...DO NOTHING

I think the general consensus is unless the notice is from the council, then ignore the tw@ts. Although i have also managed to get out of a few from the council
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by gregco View Post
      they will have to know where you live, contact details etc, which THEY HAVE NOT GOT...and would have to apply to the DVLA to get your personal details...
      The above would have litttle benefit. All it would do woulddo, is advise them of the registered keeper.

It is the driver of the vehicle that the contract would be with, and you have no obligation to tell them who it is/was.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

and most of these bandits have recently been banned for various lengths of time for accessing DVLA databases so naff all they can do..

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
          The above would have litttle benefit. All it would do woulddo, is advise them of the registered keeper.

It is the driver of the vehicle that the contract would be with, and you have no obligation to tell them who it is/was.
          The Football Chant 'Who Are ya, Who Are Ya' Springs to mind

Comment

Originally posted by gregco View Post
            The Football Chant 'Who Are ya, Who Are Ya' Springs to mind
            PSML. He fell over, he fell over
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
            X