GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Take That - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take That

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take That

As an early b'day pressie for the Mrs I purchased 2 Take That tickets for Wembley tomorrow from Ebay.

I wanted to make sure that the view wasn't one of the one's restricted by the video screens (they recently released a load like this) and that I purchased from a seller with a decent track record etc.

Anyhow, last week found bid and won 2 tickets that had a good view of the stage. The tickets weren't in hand as stated in his listing, however he promised to send out recorded del as soon as received.

Kept in touch with the buyer and he even promised to bring them to Wembley if they hadn't arrived in time to post out, all good, then yesterday he says (after I chased him again) that he's posted out the tickets but he received different one's to those he booked and hence when they arrived today they are indeed the restricted view one's

On his listing he did state and I quote " THERE WAS NO MENTION OF A RESTRICTED VIEW ON THE TICKET CONFIRMATION, ALTHOUGH I CANNOT BE CERTAIN OF THE VIEW DUE TO THE PRICE. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE BUYING, ALTHOUGH LOOKING AT THE SEATING PLAN THIS BLOCK LOOKS WELL IN FRONT OF THE STAGE."

He actually gave the block and row number and after some research I found these were good views.

Anyhow I emailed him to say how dissapointed I was thinking he'd offer a partial refund but all he has said is that he is fuming, too late to do anything and he's going to email me his booking receipt as proof, albeit he's sold loads of tickets so that may not be mine anyway.

So the point of this ramble is that we still want to go as the Mrs loves Robbie and we've not been out together on our own for about 5 years, but if the view is really bad and spoils the experience where do we stand regarding claiming anything back via ebay/paypal as in effect we would have used the tickets ?

Re: Take That

Hi FUWTW, just moved your thread here as you will receive more replies x

Best wishes
    If...x
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
      Hi FUWTW, just moved your thread here as you will receive more replies x

Best wishes
      If...x
      Thanks, I had intended just saying about going to the concert, then got a bit carried away

Comment

You can open a dispute as item was not as described if he gave you row numebers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
          You can open a dispute as item was not as described if he gave you row numebers etc.
          Hi Jen,

We are still going though so will use the tickets as it's too late to get the money back & get new one's. Does that make any difference do you know ?

Basically if we still enjoy it, although miffed I won't worry, however if the view is the equivelent of watching on a TV at home then I will be peeved and want something done BUT will it make a difference that we used the tickets supplied ?

Comment

Hi fedupwiththe worry,

He seems like a bit of a conman to me. As you say, the ticket confirmation he sends you might not be for the tickets you bought if he's selling so many tickets. Did it say on the listing which block the tickets were for?

It's not clear in your post if he stated that the tickets were in hand or not. If he said they were, and they weren't, then I would say that you had a case for opening the dispute.

How much did you pay for the tickets? (you don't need to say if you don't want to.) There are still seated tickets (with unrestricted views) going really cheap (£20-£30)on ebay, especially for Tuesday and Wednesday.

I was at Manchester on one of the nights they were recording and it seemed to me that they could see the B stage but not the main stage. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves though.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the concert but I'd be miffed too if I couldn't see.

Edit:- Just re-read your post and you do say that he stated which block/row. If these aren't the tickets he sends then you should definitely be able to open a dispute. Can you say which block? (PM me if you want) I think the recently-released restricted view tickets are in blocks 248, 548, 231 and 531.
            Last edited by Pixie; 1 July 2011, 18:30.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BTW I'm not sure of the position if you use the tickets. Could you ask on the ebay Q&A forum? I've had good advice on there in the past.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                Hi fedupwiththe worry,

He seems like a bit of a conman to me. As you say, the ticket confirmation he sends you might not be for the tickets you bought if he's selling so many tickets. Did it say on the listing which block the tickets were for?

It's not clear in your post if he stated that the tickets were in hand or not. If he said they were, and they weren't, then I would say that you had a case for opening the dispute.

How much did you pay for the tickets? (you don't need to say if you don't want to.) There are still seated tickets (with unrestricted views) going really cheap (£20-£30)on ebay, especially for Tuesday and Wednesday.

I was at Manchester on one of the nights they were recording and it seemed to me that they could see the B stage but not the main stage. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves though.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the concert but I'd be miffed too if I couldn't see.

Edit:- Just re-read your post and you do say that he stated which block/row. If these aren't the tickets he sends then you should definitely be able to open a dispute. Can you say which block? (PM me if you want) I think the recently-released restricted view tickets are in blocks 248, 548, 231 and 531.
                Hi Pixie,
                thanks for your reply.
                The original tickets were block 549 and the one's we've now got are block 531 and they actually state restricted view on them.
                Unfortunately we can't go on another day because the coach is booked and paid for too so have no option but to use the tickets we now have.
                Like I said before I'm not after something for nothing, so if we still enjoy it fair enough, but if not then I will feel hard done by as I made sure to purchase tickets with a view of the stage.

Comment

I've asked on Ebay q&a forum too as suggested, thanks

Comment

Well I've had a few replies and it seems there's nothing I can do. A SNAD may be possible if I don't use the tickets although one poster seems to think that because he said the bit about he can't be certain of the view he's covered himself, albeit I don't buy that because he DID give the block & row numbers which weren't the ones that are on the ticket I've got.
                    Anyhow I've already paid out for the coach so not going would be daft.

I think the least the seller should have done was to have offered a partial refund, but he didn't so that's that I suppose.

Never buying a ticket of Ebay ever again.

Comment

Hi fedupwiththeworry

Don't give up - fight!!

I'd still open a dispute though as he stated the block number - which aren't restricted view - and sent you tickets for a block which has a restricted view. I'd argue that you had to use the tickets as they are for a certain date. It's not like buying an 'ordinary' item such as a book etc.

He has tried to cover himself by saying that he couldn't be certain of the view (seems to me like he knew what he was doing). Could you look at the listing and see if that was in the original listing or if he's revised it once the restricted tickets came on sale? He may well have re-listed 'your' tickets (ie the ones with your block and row numbers) hoping to sell them for a higher bid- check the feedback in a few days. Did the listing have a photo of the tickets or just one of Take That?

Did he say that he had the tickets in hand?

At the very least you could warn others by leaving negative feedback.

Don't be put off by this experience. My daughters and I have bought several tickets from ebay (including for Take That), all for under face value and have had no trouble at all (not that you want to hear that at the moment!) I would however be wary of anyone selling lots of tickets.

Enjoy the concert tonight - it really is amazing.
                      Last edited by Pixie; 2 July 2011, 09:52.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                        Hi fedupwiththeworry

Don't give up - fight!!

I'd still open a dispute though as he stated the block number - which aren't restricted view - and sent you tickets for a block which has a restricted view. I'd argue that you had to use the tickets as they are for a certain date. It's not like buying an 'ordinary' item such as a book etc.

He has tried to cover himself by saying that he couldn't be certain of the view (seems to me like he knew what he was doing). Could you look at the listing and see if that was in the original listing or if he's revised it once the restricted tickets came on sale? He may well have re-listed 'your' tickets (ie the ones with your block and row numbers) hoping to sell them for a higher bid- check the feedback in a few days. Did the listing have a photo of the tickets or just one of Take That?

Did he say that he had the tickets in hand?

At the very least you could warn others by leaving negative feedback.

Don't be put off by this experience. My daughters and I have bought several tickets from ebay (including for Take That), all for under face value and have had no trouble at all (not that you want to hear that at the moment!) I would however be wary of anyone selling lots of tickets.

Enjoy the concert tonight - it really is amazing.
                        Hi Pixie,
                        Thanks again.
                        He had the bit about might be a restricted view there when I bid, however because he'd given the block number I researched and found out it was a decent view, hence why I purchased them. He's supposed to be sending me his confirmation of the tickets (hasn't yet), and unfortunately I can't check the feedback because all his listings are private. He said he didn't have the tickets but would despatch as soon as he rec'd them, which to be fair he did.....just the wrong one's

I would have been quite happy if he'd said he'd rec'd the wrong ones and here's £10-£20 back.

Still I'm determined to enjoy it, (tickets are really for the better half, but I quite like TT myself shhhhh ) leaving in about 1 1/2 hours for the coach.

Comment

have fun and I'd still raise a dispute, sounds sort of not quite kosher to me. i have raised a few when it was 50/50 and won every time so they are pretty good, especially if you are happy with a compromise, ie £20 back.

try not embarass us by rushing the stage to get a hold of anyone's body!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                            have fun and I'd still raise a dispute, sounds sort of not quite kosher to me. i have raised a few when it was 50/50 and won every time so they are pretty good, especially if you are happy with a compromise, ie £20 back.

You'll be on your way by now.

Hope you have a great night and certainly try for a dispute. After all, the tickets he sent you are not the tickets he put in the listing! It's worth trying to get a few quid back, after all it doesn't cost anything! I wonder why all his listings are private? Surely there's no need for that?

try not embarass us by rushing the stage to get a hold of anyone's body!!!!
                            That's LooLoo's job!! I wouldn't have minded having a grab myself

Let us know how you got on.

Comment

How was it fedupwiththeworry?

Comment

Working...
                              X