GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Staples Website, What a rip off - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staples Website, What a rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staples Website, What a rip off

If anyone is planning to order anything from the Staples website be aware of some issues both with their products and the customer service.

On the 17th December i placed an order for an item, which stated "A4 Red Folders (pack of 20) £1.25.

I placed an order for 10 of these packs, making a total of 200 Red A4 folders (10 x 20packs) Including delivery it came to roughly £18.

When the item was delivered, i received 10 individual folders. not 10 packs of 20.

So i telephoned Staples, spoke to someone and explained. She looked up the item on the website and said, it was probably a packing error and can see its 10 packs of 20.

So she said, ill re order it for you.

So the new order comes, and again its 10 individual folders. This time i refuse to take it from the delivery guy, and he marks it "assignement incomplete"

Shortly after this, i received my bank statement, low and behold, not only had they taken the money from the first order, but this time they charged me again, except the delivery charge. Ive now spent around £33 on 20 A4 folders when it should be £18 for 200.

So i ring Staples yet again, go through the whole process, and this time the woman tells me, its an error with the website product. So i asked she refund the money for the 2nd order and she agrees.

A week later, in the post, arrives a "Staples Credit Note". Instead of a refund, they have decided to open a Business Account, and credited it, with the money they agreed to refund.

I feel like im now forced to spend on their website, to use the credit!!!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X