GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vision Express have lost my glasses! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vision Express have lost my glasses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision Express have lost my glasses!

Hiya,

Long story, short.

1) Appointment made via the online web form for my local store.
    Day before the appointment (form and email responder insinuates the appointment has been made and will receive a call from the store to confirm) i receive a call from the store:
    "Sorry we don't have any appointments for tomorrow".
    "I don't understand, i thought i had an appointment for 3pm".
    "No, we are fully booked, sorry".
    "Ok, don't worry i'll try somewhere else"

2) Called back and made an appointment to visit the following week. Turned up ten minutes before appointment was due. Waited over half an hour to be seen due to being busy - OK.
    Eye test straight forward enough although need to have different lenses fitted. Provided with prescription and left in the store for an hour despite making staff aware i was waiting.

3) Staff provide free eye test for waiting so long although advise they would need to send glasses away which would take two weeks. Declined and they offered they could rush them through in a week.
    Waited another ten minutes because of a problem with the streamline machine so mrs went to the cash point to get cash. "This is a nice case, so have it back; they have a habit of loosing things here".

4) Week later receive a text to say the lenses have arrived in-store and will be fitted. Mrs calls in to check on progress/see if they can collect and they say they have lost the glasses.

Now the next time i can get to the store is Thursday, so i planned on going in there with the receipt for the glasses they have lost which i purchased from them 2 years ago and say i want the money so i can replace them from somewhere else.

Any pointers, ammunition before then appreciated!
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Vision Express have lost my glasses!

I am not sure but I would say they have a duty of care to look after your property, if they have lost them then they should replace them, I would stand my corner and fight on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
      I am not sure but I would say they have a duty of care to look after your property, if they have lost them then they should replace them, I would stand my corner and fight on this one.
      Hi Vossy. I will certainly be fighting about this one.
      Im just debating whether to go in the store and create a performance and then write to the head office, just write to head office, or both?!
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They are bound to offer replacements if they lost yours. so see what happens, if they should (unlikely) not replace, then formal complaint would be in order. as I see it.

Comment

Left a message for the manager to call me. Apparently they weren't lost - the lab had placed them in the wrong tray so when the mrs went in asked for them, they thought they had gone. Fucking clowns!
          At least i've got my specs back! Thanks for the posts

Comment

Working...
          X