GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander Consumer Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander Consumer Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander Consumer Finance

I just returned my car which was on one of these convoluted systems with Santander Consumer Fnance. Only 4 payments to go so could have returned about 5 months ago according to their figures. It took ages, their staff were incompetant and downright rude and didn't supply the correct information until I phoned and in true Niddy style tore them another arsehole. Result was 260 compo for my stress and the car was picked up this morning by a very nice man.
    However, when I explained the complete bollocks that Santander had made, he agreed, said they were the worst company they dealt with and he would have to carefully check the car, no problems a couple of wee scratches etc (its 4 years old). Then he starts to write down the particulars of my house, detached rural etc, when I asked him what the hell he was doing he said Santander asked them to collect these details, I told him to scrub this out(he did, he was nice about it cos he felt it was ridiculous too). So why are Santander collecting this type of info (without any permissions as far as I can see),? Are they thinking if we look Ok they'll send a bill for the wee scratches? which if they do they can stuff in the new orifice which I kindly supplied.

Re: Santander Consumer Finance

I Had a similar situation with a Van from Renault , after a 3 year lease they were due pick the Van up on the 1st August. When they eventually came to collect on the 18th they tried to bill me for scratches and a cracked rear light £ 640.00. I wrote to them telling them that I had been looking after there vehicle for 18 days on my driveway with no Tax or insurance. I then billed them £ 40 per day never heard a thing after that.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X