GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal Section Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd ( Lowell Solicitors Ltd ) v Digby - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal Section Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd ( Lowell Solicitors Ltd ) v Digby

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal Section Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd ( Lowell Solicitors Ltd ) v Digby

Your AAD Forum Username

Digby

Name of Claimant

Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

Name of Claimant's Solicitors

Lowell Solicitors Ltd

Claim Issue Date

25 November 2015

Who Signed the Claim Form?

The Solicitor Firm (i.e. Joe Blogs Solicitor)

How much is being Claimed?

Under £10,000

Have you Submitted the AoS Response?

No

If Yes, when was the AoS Submitted

-

Details of Claim

Made payments to Niceday for some months under a self-managed DMP, sold to Lowells in January, stopped making payments and sent CCA request. Offered 10% settlement a few months ago, offer refused by Lowells but said would accept 85% which could be paid by instalments. Ignored. Passed to Lowell's Solicitors, I made a f&f/monthly payment offer, this offer wasn't acknowledged before claim form received.

Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd ( Lowell Solicitors Ltd ) v Digby - Issued 25 November 2015

From your diary thread which can be found here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post539496

Originally posted by Digby View Post
    Asda/Santander/Niceday
    Type of account - Credit card
    Date commenced – Around 2007, will need to check
    Approx balance - £2,200
    Date last paid – 19/01/2015
    Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment but have now stopped
    Status – Default Notice 30.9.2014
    Account owner – Lowell
    HistoryAsda, then Santander, then Niceday
    5.6.2014 Niceday agreed payment plan.
    15.1.2015 Niceday advised sold to Lowell’s
    10.2.2015 CCA request sent
    19/02/2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising they may not be able to get documents within 12 days as requested.
    3.3.2015 Letter from Lowell’s advising Newday “still trying to retrieve it from their archives” and account has been put on hold until they receive further info from Newday.
    27.3.2015 Letter received from Lowells enclosing reconstituted version of CCA, Niddy advised not ue
    30.4.2015 Letter sent to Lowell offering F&F 10% of balance
    5.5.2015 Letter from Lowell, said no to 10% but would accept 85%
    16.6.2015Sent 'missing prescribed terms' letter
    19.6.2015 Letter from Lowell's stating that Newday have supplied them with a true copy of the credit agreement and although the copy credit agreement supplied did not include my signature they feel it satisfies their obligation. Also says that Newday would not have allowed credit facility to be opened or utilised without a signed application so say it satisfies their obligations under the consumer credit cat 1974. Asks me to contact within 30 days with payment proposals.
    20.7.2015 Letter from Lowell's inviting me to get in touch. Ignored.
    26.10.2015 Letter from Lowell's saying now passed to "Lowells Solicitors" (in house I guess) and all correspondence should now be to them.
    Enclosed in same envelope letter from Lowell's Solicitors "Notice of Acting" saying they have been instructed by Lowell's and I must contact them to make arrangements to pay or advise of a valid reason for withholding payment. Said could pay by instalments and will not be asked to pay more than I can afford.
    30.10.2015 Lowells Solicitors "letter of claim" (think it might be an lba?) dated 28.10.2015 giving 14 days to pay or court action.
    4.11.2015 Sent template letter to Lowell's solicitors offering £1 per month or £200 F&F.
    27.11 2015 Claim form received from County Court Business Centre.

Comment

Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd ( Lowell Solicitors Ltd ) v Digby - Issued 25 November 2015

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      I'm sorry to see this but don't worry we'll do what we can to help you.

Can you email me the claim form (N1) using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk with a copy to Niddy using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk. Don't blank anything out, it's a perfectly secure email address.

I see you say the account was opened "around 2007". Can you check that asap because it may be pivotal to the way this claim progresses.

If you've previously sent a CCA request can you email that too. Don't send a new one unless we tell you to.

What is the date on the claim form?

I've emailed the claim form, I've previously uploaded the CCA, would you like me to email that too?

The account was opened Spring 2009, I'm almost certain via online bit I can't be 100% on that.

Date on the claim form is 25th November.

Thanks for your help and reassurance, much appreciated as I quietly panic!

Yes, please email me the CCA response you got with the covering letter if possible i.e. not just the agreement.

I've received your claim form.

Now there are some things to do.

Go to MCOL and file your Acknowledgement of Service stating you intend to Defend all of the claim.

Send a CPR 31.14 request to Lowells Solicitors. The letter requires you to input the date the Defence is due so enter 33 days from 25th November which was the issue date --> CLICK TO DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE
      Plan B x

Comment

Hugs xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've emailed you. If you do as I have suggested then everything should go quiet for a week or so.

Please update any developments on this thread as and when they happen.

I'm away until 4th December but I have email alerts set up so I'll see anything you post on here in the meantime

Plan B x

Comment

I have sent the CPR 31.14 request to Lowell Solicitors (signed for 1st Class) and sent the acknowledgement of service via MCOL.

Comment

I have sent the CPR 31.14 request to Lowell Solicitors (signed for 1st Class) and sent the acknowledgement of service via MCOL.

Good.

Now can you please email me the CCA as previously requested. It matters if you want our help.

Please don't fall for the false presumption that a claim which a 'colleague' of yours has received will follow the same flight path as yours. It probably won't. No two claims are alike.

Don't delay.

Plan B x

I've previously uploaded the CCA, would you like me to email that too?
              Yes, please email me the CCA response you got with the covering letter if possible i.e. not just the agreement.

Comment

Good.

Now can you please email me the CCA as previously requested. It matters if you want our help.

Please don't fall for the false presumption that a claim which a 'colleague' of yours has received will follow the same flight path as yours. It probably won't. No two claims are alike.

Don't delay.

Plan B x
                Have done that now, thank you Plan B.

Comment

Your case has now been referred to our solicitor - please check email and respond accordingly.

Thanks
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal Section Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd ( Lowell Solicitors Ltd ) v Di

Thread moved to the Protected AAD+ Legal Claim Portal --- > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-November-2015

THREAD NOW CLOSED

How to join AAD+ ---- > AAD+ Members Portal
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                    X