GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script County Court Money Claims center - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

County Court Money Claims center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nick0
    replied
    Re: County Court Money Claims center

Hi All,
    Thanks for your replies (rapid), I have just sent the forms via email to NIDDY.

To answer some of your questions.

The amount is £6000, the CCJ is from August 2015, A letter went to his grans house from a recovery
    company asking where the car was, I got the letter and arranged for it to be collected from me.
    It seems the car was sold at Auction and then the balance plus fee's is what is owed.

My concern is £200 a month will p!ss him off big time, after all he was doing him mum a favour (I did
    advise against this) I just want to make sure that all procedures have been followed and the fact
    they gave the Army all the finance info is not a breach of the consumer credit act?.

Cheers

Nick

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

I myself got a parking ticket on yellow lines in Barny Castle back in the Mid 60s (Note:- the new parking yellow line law just introduced), late night after Pub & went into a fish & chip restaurant, had parked between 2 parked cars on hill whilst eating with mates local copper came in said to me you are parked on Double yellow lines @ 11.10p.m. ah! come outside, outside he showed me these new yellow lines and my front wheel was just outside of it and the remaining car on lines, the other cars had gone. - his comment was congratulations you are the very 1st in this Town to get a ticket (it was sent to the unit and they paid it and deducted it from my weeks wages) it left me with £2.46 pence wages for that week!
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 29 July 2016, 10:01.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

if he has no case then deductions will be made - non payment of the agreement and a CCJ sees to that!

they have obviously tracked him thru employment on application form details, and stating he was no longer in the Army (easy to say in response) triggered no doubt a question mark easily tracked in this day and age.

had similar years ago I was put down as Guarantor - but knew nothing about it - just sent letter to Chief Clerk of the Unit and they sorted it out thru deductions
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 27 July 2016, 09:22.

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

did your son go through the proper procedures to hand the car back? Did he communicate with the finance company and explain the situation to them?

personally I've handed back a car like this and although I had to be on the finance company all the time, it was done and dusted quite quickly, the main problem here seems to be what was done by your son and what wasn't

can you give us an accurate timeline?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

How much is the debt? When is it from?

Can you email me and I'll pass to our solicitor for you if you want?

Leave a comment:

• nick0
    started a topic County Court Money Claims center

County Court Money Claims center

Hi All,
    My son is in the Army and a few years ago purchased a car for his mum on a 3yr pcp
    but after about 12 months they stopped paying it and about 4 months later I got the car and
    arranged for it to be collected by the finance company.Now the finance company asked me
    for his details and I told them politely to go and jump and I told them he was no longer in the army
    and working overseas, they would not give me any figures as I was not him.

It seems they just sent letters and CCJ forms to his old address knowing he was not there
    and have now tracked him.

The car was sold (auction) and the outstanding debt is now what they want.

Today my son has been handed Compulsory Deduction letter from the Ármy and also a copy
    of the County Court Money claims form and a letter from the finance companies solicitor.

The army has given my son till 16th August to either challenge the decision or they will deduct
    £200 a month from his wages.

I have copies of the letters if anyone can advise.

Cheers

Nick
Working...
X