GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone use EE Broadband ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use EE Broadband ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use EE Broadband ?

Thinking of moving over to EE ...for my broadband and mobile ...

Anyone use them ?

Any good ?

I'm with Talk Talk ....never had any problems it's just they've put there prices up and switching will save me £ 15 per month ....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Anyone use EE Broadband ?

EEeeeeeeeeeee.............No never used 'em
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well, the customer reviews aren't exactly encouraging -

http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband...iews/page:all/

To be honest, though, the reviews on everything except Zen are terrible. It is a shame that IDNet and Voipfone are not included.

It is a scummy industry, that's for sure. If you're rich, use IDNet or Voipfone as they get the job done and only have 1 month contracts. If you're poor, take your laptop into the public library.

SH

Comment

This is the package .......

Unlimited usage allowance
        Unlimited anytime call uk landlines inc 0870/0845
        1000 mins to mobiles
        Unlimited international calls

and my mobile ....250 mins unlimited text and 250 mb

up front fee £143 then £15.49 a month
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have an ee buzzard car wifi (for camping). Great signal but cust services is shocking. I'm glad I use Voda for my mobiles / iPads

I use Sky. It's decent enough.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ive been with Orange for mobile for years and always had a good deal both minutes and price wise ect. I started off with Orange dial up back in the day and progressed to Broadband some years ago. Its never been cutting edge but it has always worked well, Done exactly what I want ( Browsing only really and Iplayer ect) and they have never made a mistake on the bill ect so I have never really needed to contact cust services. To be fair they have supplied the service I have paid for with no problems

Then the EE amalgamation came about and I was offered an all in top phone package with line rental and Broadband for £25 month - Which means that I can use the phone almost as much as I want plus mobiles for 1000 minutes per month and unlimited broadband and my bill is always £25 all in inc vat per month. I got a loyalty deal with my mobile as I took the new contract at the same time so that is only £15 p/m with far too many minutes and date then I could ever hope to use!

In my experience EE have been really good, Good service, Good price and never let me down......Don't believe all the reviews

Comment

I have been with Orange/EE for my mobile for 15 years now. They are fine and they do very good retention deals.

When I have had problems I have had to escalate to management but always got things sorted in the end. Their signal I find to be better than my works Vodafone.

As for Broadband I would never use them again. I used to live in the sticks a long way from the exchange and they just could not get it to work - In the end, they paid me to leave! If you are in a good broadband area I would say you would be fine though. I have moved and am now with Sky (who also do very good retention deals) and it's working ok.

I think they are all pretty much the same unless you have specific needs or issues.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy1976 View Post
                I think they are all pretty much the same unless you have specific needs or issues.
                I don't think it is fair to say that “they are all pretty much the same.” Eight years ago, IDNet used to top every category every single month on the old ADSL Broadband checker site. Now, they are still topping every category on the new Think Broadband site -

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/co...commit=Compare

If the same provider tops all satisfaction categories for eight years, I don't think it can be considered to be the same as the competition.

My own personal experience with IDNet was seven years of faultless service, before my present housing crisis forced me out. I only needed to contact customer support once in all of that time. That was in 2006. My email was responded to within five minutes, and the problem solved within half an hour.

IDNet, Voipfone and Zen also have services which are on rolling one month contracts, which is definitely NOT the same as the others!

IDNet's basic ADSL package is scarcely any more expensive than any of the household name cowboys. Of course, it won't suit everyone, as you do get a skinny download allowance. I never had a problem. Only once in seven years did I get charged an overage, and that was when I bought my new PC and had to download a lot of software. I could even have avoided that if I'd downloaded the software in the night hours. So, I paid an extra £1 over seven years. Big deal.

I only know that if I ever have a place to live again, the only contenders will be IDNet, Voipfone and Zen. The twelve month cowboys won't even be at the starting gate.

SH

Comment

I use EE for my mobby its always been fine.
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                  X