GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Paid Virtual Private Network - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paid Virtual Private Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Virtual Private Network

anyone any suggestions of a good service I can use?? with virgin media for a while now & sites I use for the odd download etc are being taken down by virgin faster than a proxy can sprout up..getting pretty fed up with it now...so any suggestions would help no end!

Re: Paid Virtual Private Network

Are you downloading direct from the sites, or are they ones with something like torrent or magnet links?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Magnet links usually rizzle...

Comment

One free option is to just use tor then? It would be fine for that.

Tor Project: Anonymity Online

You can either use the "tor bundle", or if you are feeling clever then you can set up tor to run as a local proxy on your machine and use something like Foxy Proxy to route certain sites through tor network while leaving all the rest to go through the direct ISP connection.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Clever...me? Lol

Comment

With this sort of thing you are more than clever enough.

Comment

appreciate the help as always Riz...thank u

Comment

I'm sure others might have some suggestions for VPNs?

But for just getting to a few magnet links it does seem at bit of overkill to pay for a VPN.

Comment

PAY for it!!

Did I really just say that? Silly me!! (its the old MSE coming out in me)

Comment

I know....I know.... Rizzle makes sense (always does)

Comment

I pay for one and am quite happy with the service it provides!

You can buy short term access or get a longer term if it suits your use better - it's AirVPN. They get good reviews for download speed and also with respect to guarding your privacy.

You can also choose where, geographically, you'd like your IP to appear to come from which is quite handy if you're trying to overcome geo-blocking.

And it's easy to set up
                      Last edited by Trumpet; 25 July 2013, 07:38. Reason: Added link

Comment

I think a paid VPN is probably the best option, if it were to just surf restricted sites id say no, but if you are downloading, you want nice download speeds.

The problem with Tor is it can be quite slow, and downloading will take forever.

At least a paid VPN you know you will get a decent d/l rate.

Comment

Working...
                        X