GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Orange - Unfair charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange - Unfair charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange - Unfair charges

Just been looking at my mobile phone bill and 1 thing that stands out doesnt seem fair to me.

I have 2 mobiles under the same contract.

I dont have direct debit set up as i like to pay in cash or cheque at the counter.

But for some reason, im charged twice for non direct debit, 2 x 2.98.

Now whats unfair in my opinion is, as they are both under the same contract, if i had a direct debit, would it not be taken as 1 payment? the giro on the statement is for the full amount, so why would i expect to pay 2 seperate payments, direct debit or not?

How can they justify charging twice when clearly it would be only 1 charge?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Orange - Unfair charges

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Just been looking at my mobile phone bill and 1 thing that stands out doesnt seem fair to me.

I dont have direct debit set up as i like to pay in cash or cheque at the counter.

Now whats unfair in my opinion is, as they are both under the same contract, if i had a direct debit, would it not be taken as 1 payment? the giro on the statement is for the full amount, so why would i expect to pay 2 seperate payments, direct debit or not?

As you say it's a liberty anyway, but paying twice is naughty. My three mobile bill is (i think the last time i checked it) £5 cheaper if i pay by DD.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have 3 lines with Voda - all come on their own DD although they are all billed under one main account.

Basically I have 3 separate DD's to Voda.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

funny O2 dont charge a non DD payment fee.

though i know plusnet do (asswipes)
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
          though i know plusnet do (asswipes)
          Good ISP thou? Or, they certainly were before BT had anything to do with them!
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

I rang Orange just to have a dig at them more than anything else.

After i stopped the woman going on for 3 minutes about the tarrif im on and my charges i asked her, why im charged twice for something on the same account, which would be billed once direct debit or not.

She basically said if i had 10 numbers on one account id be charged 10 times, to which i said fair enough.

She then asked if i wanna set up a direct debit, i said no and hung up lol.

Someone should take that further though i mean, charges should be account specific in my opinion.

Comment

Someone should take that further though i mean, charges should be account specific in my opinion.
              I don't believe they apply the same charges on a business account. 50 handsets, 50 mobile numbers, 50 data tarrif's still equals one "account".
              Think its a case that they do it because they know they can. Liberty really...

Comment

Hi SG, moved your thread to the phone and mobile board......hope you don't mind.

Best wishes
                IF...x
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                X