GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script whats up now - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats up now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats up now

Is PC knick knacked ? We have bit defender security PC keeps shutting down and today alarm going off any advise pls x
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: whats up now

I'm sorry Nanna, I can't help, bumping your post for you xx
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Supose could any number of things with what you describe?

You say alarm - was this a beeping sound coming from the computer? If so, how many beeps?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What operating system are you using?

Comment

Most common reason, overheating.

Solution of fix? tricky one. First the fan over the CPU needs to be checked to see if its spinning, if not, can be replaced. If it is, well could be a knackered CPU in my experience.

Happened to me before.

Comment

Hi guys
            Fan spinning and cleaned, all files checked OK.Came on turned itself off will not come on again.cheers looks like its terminal

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
              Hi guys
              Fan spinning and cleaned, all files checked OK.Came on turned itself off will not come on again.cheers looks like its terminal
              Could be just the power pack. Is there a funny smell coming from the vent at the back of the machine?

Comment

No no smell xx

Comment

Last one from me - don't know too much about the internals.

Daft and as condescending as it might seem - have you checked he fuse in the plug?

Comment

If it was the fuse in the plug, it wouldn't turn on, beep and turn off. It just wouldn't turn on.

If its not the fan, then its the cpu or the motherboard. Id Suggest taking it to a repair shop, because its not easy to swap out either of them. Theres a slim chance its the PCU (power pack) but I don't think so, usually when they burn out, they just don't work, it wouldn't cause the computer to boot up, beep and turn off.

That is usually an overheating issue, and as the fan is spinning, it can only be the cpu or motherboard mailfunction.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                      If its not the fan, then its the cpu or the motherboard. Id Suggest taking it to a repair shop, because its not easy to swap out either of them. Theres a slim chance its the PCU (power pack) but I don't think so, usually when they burn out, they just don't work, it wouldn't cause the computer to boot up, beep and turn off.
                      I have had it happen with the powerpack where it was running erratically and then just wouldn't boot up - one of the pots in the powrpack had gone pop

I just mentioned the fuse in case there had been any type of power surge.

Comment

Than guys, we will have look for new one (at a descent price if poss) don't understand enough to repair anyway it may cost more in the long run.Really great full for you input thank you will use my tablet for now.xx

Comment

Go to a repair shop first before shelling out money on a new one, it could work out cheaper, if it turns out to be anything major then you can always think about a new one then. I doubt it costs a lot for them to run some diagnostics.

Comment

yeah, agreed, get it to a small, repair shop (not the big ones which will fleece you!). A good one will give you the best advice and if its worth repairing or not.
                            Good luck!
                            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Thanxguysxx

Comment

Working...
                              X