GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Important legal changes to the ownership of your sewers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important legal changes to the ownership of your sewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important legal changes to the ownership of your sewers

Has anyone else received a booklet about this?

In simple terms, the utility company are taking on responsibility for the section of the sewer from your boundary to the main sewer. (Shared services are a little more complicated).

Of course, because of the extra responsibility, this may require an extra charge on the bill, estimated at between £3 & £14 per year. (This small section of the sewer, as you are well aware, requires a lot of inspection & maintenance*).

This is in no way at all a money-spinner*.

As the booklet says, this will affect half of the properties in England & Wales.
    It is, as you can guess, a load of sh1t!

You can see an example here http://www.thameswater.co.uk/cps/rde...s.xsl/8654.htm

*So young, & so cynical!!

Re: Important legal changes to the ownership of your sewers

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Has anyone else received a booklet about this?
    Yep. :/

Anglian Water | Home | Household | Your wastewater services | The BIG sewer switchover

Transfer of private drains and sewers: when, why and how it will happen : Severn Trent Water
    Last edited by Riz; 21 July 2011, 10:49.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Forgot to mention, the change takes place on October 1st, 2011, & you have 2 months from service of notice to appeal to Ofwat.

Comment

Btw, if anyone has looked at the video ( http://www.thameswater.co.uk/cps/rde...s.xsl/8655.htm ), rewind it & see how clean the engineers repairing that underground pipe are. Even their gloves are pristine!!
        Bet their mums use Persil!!!!
        Last edited by charitynjw; 21 July 2011, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

It is, as you can guess, a load of sh1t!

As indeed you would expect a sewer to be!

Comment

Working...
          X