GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Water Meters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Meters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Meters

Just got a letter through from South East Water telling me they're going to fit a water meter. Problem is I think they've already done so. All the water cock covers outside have been replaced and the missing paving slabs tarmacced over. I'm assuming under there there will lurk a meter.

The letter from SEW gives the impression that we're having meters whether we like it or not.

Anyone had any experience of moving to a meter?

Sounds a good idea but to be honest I don't trust any of the utility companies not to screw a few extra groats out if they can.

Re: Water Meters

I changed to a water meter in 1994 when I moved into a "new build" house. I moved from a one-bedroomed flat to a three-bedroomed house and my water charges were halved! I am assuming that, based on the old "rateable value" (or whatever it is called these days) the house would have cost considerably more than the flat! I am a single person, living alone, and I prefer (daily) showers to baths. I also have a dishwasher, which I think is quite water intensive.

So, from my own perspective, it is much cheaper to have a meter. It also makes you conscious of the amount of water you are using, which must be a good thing.

However, I think larger families, especially those with small children, may not find it a cheaper option?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X