GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Days out! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Days out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Days out!

This year we became Historic Scotland members as for a low fee you can get into LOADS of properties which make some good days out!!

Has anyone got some low expense or hobbies that make good days out? I am also fortunate because I live so close to the sea -- we often go out and enjoy the weather with a picnic!

But im always looking for places to go around the UK... So feel free to tell me where you go what you do!

Re: Days out!

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
    This year we became Historic Scotland members as for a low fee you can get into LOADS of properties which make some good days out!!

Has anyone got some low expense or hobbies that make good days out? I am also fortunate because I live so close to the sea -- we often go out and enjoy the weather with a picnic!

But im always looking for places to go around the UK... So feel free to tell me where you go what you do!

Hi jen

Think camping is low cost, I've not been brave enough to try it tho.

This days out guide has a lot of discounts & vouchers.

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/

Gerry x

Comment

Looking forward to picking up some tips.

I just find somethings are so expensive - we were thinking of taking the little Loos to Diggerland as it is the twin's birthday in March - £17 per person - so £85 before we do anything else.......

I will def be looking for some good "cheap" ideas for the summer.

We are quite lucky that nearby we have some woods and also the lovely greenwich park and the kent coast is only an hour away. Pack up the kids/dog and picnic and all sorted - but you really have to hope you have great weather.

I do try and look out for as many 2 for 1 deals etc that I can.

I find that museams are good - esp in London as they are free - although you are charged for some of the "special" exhibitions. We went up to the Natural History last summer and it was fab but it was packed solid....... you couldn't get in to see the dinsours.

Comment

Looloo can you use Tesco vouchers for tickets for diggerland?

I know that Tesco put BOGOF tickets in with the clubcard vouchers for Alton Towers because I used some last year haha!
        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

O i don't know - I'll check my Tesco account - I must say I have only just began shopping again with Tesco - a new store opened up near us and I am ipressed already by how quickly and easily the points mount up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
            Looloo can you use Tesco vouchers for tickets for diggerland?

I know that Tesco put BOGOF tickets in with the clubcard vouchers for Alton Towers because I used some last year haha!

yep you can....

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/...ubcard%20Deals

Comment

haha I only have £4 in vouchers and I need £6 pah!

Thanks for this - might earn a few more so can at least get one ticket! every little helps eh!! hehe

Comment

I'm waiting till the little man gets a bit bigger...then I we can have a great day out

Comment

Mmmm i am wondering who will have more fun.....

Comment

Dont know what you mean........

(Nice now though i've someone to take to everything I want to do rather than borrowing someones kids instead)

...why did that sound wrong??

Comment

Edinburgh zoo and other Scottish attractions are free on St Andrews day(well they have been past 2 years). Bit chilly at that time, but not a lot of people know it Also, the scottish museum in edinburgh is due to be re-opened this summer and is free. Cant wait
                      I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo View Post
                        O i don't know - I'll check my Tesco account - I must say I have only just began shopping again with Tesco - a new store opened up near us and I am ipressed already by how quickly and easily the points mount up!!
                        Tesco Suck!!
                        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by billypre View Post
                          Edinburgh zoo and other Scottish attractions are free on St Andrews day(well they have been past 2 years). Bit chilly at that time, but not a lot of people know it Also, the scottish museum in edinburgh is due to be re-opened this summer and is free. Cant wait

I didn't know that about St. Andrews day awesome! I love when places do free days I know in the states and Canada every so often they had FREE MUSEUM day.

Where is the scottish museum in Edinburgh?

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                            Tesco Suck!!
                            do they? as I say I am new convert - normally sainsburys

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                            I didn't know that about St. Andrews day awesome! I love when places do free days I know in the states and Canada every so often they had FREE MUSEUM day.

Where is the scottish museum in Edinburgh?
                            Do you normally haver to pay in Canada for museums??

Comment

Loo loo tesco vouchers are 3x the face value(were 4x) we did ours for one years at Telford museums and rivers so now we can get in free for a year.So Jen if you collect these tokens then you need to find petrol and its a free day out
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X