GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Misc tips - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misc tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misc tips

To protect your windscreen from ice - if you any bubble wrap lying about, then cover your windscreen, its lightweight and easily stored when rolled up in your boot of your car.

This can also save you buying de-icer.

Re: Misc tips

Ladies, gents as well if interested lol.

Do not throw away your draw cutlery trays, these can have other uses, for one a place for our make up and guys maybe your tools too.

Comment

Remove burnt on food from the bottom of a pan by filling it with about 2in of water, a little washing up liquid and let simmer for a few mins.

I know this is well known, but for any new young starters in life its a good tip i believe lol.

Comment

Some good little tips there Di. I must admit though I don't throw many things out, I usually have a good look to see if it could be used for another purpose.....hence my cupboards and drawers being full of things 'waiting' for a new career.!!

Comment

Good for you Elsie

I agree with you, lots of things are recycable, worth going through them first, good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52 View Post
            Some good little tips there Di. I must admit though I don't throw many things out, I usually have a good look to see if it could be used for another purpose.....hence my cupboards and drawers being full of things 'waiting' for a new career.!!
            So that's why we have a house full of crap then? I have been trying to work it out, I just thought the bloody stuff was breeding!

Comment

Save money and re-use unused Birthday wrapping paper by simply adding the word "Jesus" after "Happy Birthday" on the paper itself and hey presto, now you have Christmas Wrapping paper
              I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                To protect your windscreen from ice - if you any bubble wrap lying about, then cover your windscreen, its lightweight and easily stored when rolled up in your boot of your car.

This can also save you buying de-icer.
                I have heated windscreens.........
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Car boot tidy B&Q and places can also be used to wrap around Condensor boiler pies outside, acts as insulation for them cold months (at this rate days). and its cheap to buy £1.99 unless you have one at home

Request lots of Fabric samples from different stores (Or ask kindly if them have old swatch books). Stictch them all together and voila you have multi coloured cushion, or Re Upholstered chair.

White wine vinegar and Baking soda - acts as drain and sink cleaner

Old small jars - Making homemade garlic butter (let it cool down, pour into jam jar *put in freezer for 20 mins* instance garlic butter)
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Put your bird seed tray just inside your window and voila....... no more expensive nuts, seeds and bird feed to replenish but still get all the pleasure of watching the birds in your garden
                    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

One for the ladies...... or discerning gents perhpas !!

Fill an empty aluminium cigar tube with wasps and you've got a homemade thrifty vibrator !

Comment

Originally posted by billypre View Post
                        One for the ladies...... or discerning gents perhpas !!

Fill an empty aluminium cigar tube with wasps and you've got a homemade thrifty vibrator !

Comment

Sorry Di, was in a silly mood, will leave this thread alone for serious money saving tips

Comment

Originally posted by billypre View Post
                            Sorry Di, was in a silly mood, will leave this thread alone for serious money saving tips

Hmm...can imagine the pitch on dragons den!

Comment

Working...
                            X