GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script passport runs out March 2014 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

passport runs out March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passport runs out March 2014

I am planning to book a holiday to Malta 6 October and noticed hubbies passport runs out on the 7 th March 14 , does he need to re-new it or is it ok to travel on still ?
    please and thank you

Re: passport runs out March 2014

Think some countries stipulate that there must be 6ths left to run on returning if that is the case you should be OK

Comment

To be on the safe side I would re-new now....

You don't lose anything as they should start your new passport from March 14
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I agree with Deepie, some Countries require a year on passport too.

Check here -- > Foreign travel advice - GOV.UK

Find the Country you are going to and click on Entry Requirements
        Last edited by IF; 19 June 2013, 19:12.
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Seems Malta doesnt require the 6 months

Comment

better re-new it then i think , then mine runs out in May 2015 so mine is ok

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
              better re-new it then i think , then mine runs out in May 2015 so mine is ok

thanks guys
              And if it were me I wouldn't use this

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/passport-check-send

Save yourself £8.75 and buy a few beers.........
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

do not take chances and renew now, as seen people refused entry because not a clear 6 months on passport!

Comment

I always send it post office check and send mainly because they guarentee the passport and they also look it over etc.

well worth it....

Special delivery is expensive now a days so this goes in an internal system using check and send.

if you don't use check and send PLEASE do not renew your passport without sending it special or recorded.

Comment

just follow the renewal form info (it is not rocket science) and save yourself £8 + as that is just cash cowing. But send Recorded delivery 1st class.
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 19 June 2013, 21:08.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                      I always send it post office check and send mainly because they guarentee the passport and they also look it over etc.

well worth it....

Special delivery is expensive now a days so this goes in an internal system using check and send.

if you don't use check and send PLEASE do not renew your passport without sending it special or recorded.
                      I renewed mine last year with no problems....No need to use check and send....
                      Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                      just follow the renewal form info and save yourself £8 + as that is just cash cowing. But send Recorded delivery 1st class.

Comment

The amount of people i see put their passport in normal post scares me normal first classs.... Geez.

Comment

Working...
                        X