GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SLOW COOKING - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLOW COOKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLOW COOKING

In it - as in "innit" or as in "in the slower cooker" Made me chuckle thinking of Loo saying "innit" !!!

I rarely fry anything off, tbh, as the whole point for me of having a slow cooker is chuck it in and let it get on with it!

I occasionally brown things off after, for example, duck, just to crisp up the skin.
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
      In it - as in "innit" or as in "in the slower cooker" Made me chuckle thinking of Loo saying "innit" !!!

I rarely fry anything off, tbh, as the whole point for me of having a slow cooker is chuck it in and let it get on with it!

I occasionally brown things off after, for example, duck, just to crisp up the skin.
      rhahahahahahaha init

when i did the lamb shanks Diddles i fried them off a bit? thought it was the best thing to do and then made the gravy for them in the pan and poured in

Comment

If you have the time and can be arsed, great, as it seals the meat. But if you don't/can't then it all turns out fine anyway. I've never had a bad slow cooked meal, and 99% of the time I don't brown...

sigpic

Comment

I did the lambshanks on a sunday but normally during the week i just want to chuck it in and go.

Comment

wow i am still loving my slow cooker more than ever .................

done a nice chicken casserole the other night and a lamb stew........

I have done chilli without browning it was lush

I am going to try a spag bol at some point....

The other day i made a chicken curry in one side and chilli in the other - it is good having the double dish in it - however it does mean i can't cook a whole bird so to speak........

Comment

Cut the bird in half

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                Cut the bird in half
                I bow to your cleverness!

I really want to try your duck

well it would obv be my duck but you get my meaning

Comment

I love my slow cooker I do a great Jam and Coconut sponge too in mine!

Comment

O sweetness in the slow cooker........ might have to try that

Comment

• Re: SLOW COOKING

Jen_br's Avatar.

New in at Comet. The new all singing all dancing Comet slow cooker. With added bunny ears for taking on those hen parties so it wont look out of place.

You know you want one this xmas no self respecting family should be without.

Comment

I need to get a new slow cooker!!!

I've made fabulous stews in the past but now need a bigger one because my daughter's bf eats here a lot and the slow cooker I've got just won't cope.... lol!

Remember the mantra:
                        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hahahaha I can't believe i coped all these years without one............

Comment

Ive always had one just love them

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                              Ive always had one just love them

I was so late to this parade eh!

Comment

Sorry not had the chance to read back on all the threads, I want one of those Hallogen cookers.

Comment

Working...
                                X