GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SLOW COOKING - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLOW COOKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLOW COOKING

Beef joint in mine righ now, with lots of root veggies. (Also a ginger sponge pudding with the basin well sealed, cooking along with it).

Comment

that sounds good Mrs I am doing a beef stewy thing on Wednesday..... see how that goes - mine acutally has two partitions in it

Comment

Beef stew today......... I added a bottle of "ale" too

Comment

Deffo beef stew weather. Dumplings!!!!!

I've used cheap lager too in past, nice for lamb. Love pork slow cooked in cider too. (I make cider batter for onion rings / apple rings too)
          I did lamb last night, a 2" thick cross cut of leg with bone in. I ran out of port so I splashed it with brandy instead and added redcurrant jelly to the fluid...it was gorgeous!!

Comment

redcurrent and lamb...... my fav - i had roast lamb Sunday and made my redcurrant gravy - that is lick the plate clean yummy

i will try the pork and cider!

xx

Comment

Making me hungry now!!!
              Need pics on this thread...

Comment

i'll take a photo later of the "stew" hehehehe

Comment

Cheating tonight..having a Chinese...got chilled yesterday going to dentist cos they were closed for lunch when I got there 15 mins early. I neeeeed spicy food!

Comment

Wifey cooked a leg of lamb in the slow cooker the other week, left it about 8 hours, ended up like lamb shank, was soo tasty, i want it again!
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I love lamb...it's my favourite. Had roast lamb on Sunday but didn't think about cooking it in slow cooker...

I'm cheating tonight too...DD's invited me for Halloween tea
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We're having slow cooked pork in apple and cider tonight. Yum!
                        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

We had spicey turkey & bacon casserole last night, done in the Crockpot, with dumplings and baked potatoes. November always makes me crave dumplings, LOL.
                          Remembered to take a pic this time..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Didn't think to take a picture! That said, it always tastes better than it looks.

I'm doing a whole chicken in mine tonight, so I'll take a picture if I remember.
                            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see that..I've never attempted a whole chicken in mine...

Comment

Well i've done chilli, beef stew and last night chicken in white wine - all lush lush lush - having the rest of the beef stew tonight

Dumplings are a must Elsa this time of year hehehehehe

xx

Comment

Working...
                                X