GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SLOW COOKING - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLOW COOKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLOW COOKING

Interesting that MrsD..I'm exactly like that with garlic. I can smell it in anything, too, even the slightest amount...makes me feel sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      Interesting that MrsD..I'm exactly like that with garlic. I can smell it in anything, too, even the slightest amount...makes me feel sick.
      Do you have a crucifix in your home ?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
          Do you have a crucifix in your home ?
          Now you come to mention it, no. I did try to buy one once but it burned my hand..

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
            Now you come to mention it, no. I did try to buy one once but it burned my hand..
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That chicken looked lush

I did my lambshanks - they were to die for - I fried them off slightly after i had seasoned and floured then - then i made the gavy in the pan and poured over was lush - yup Diddles i used fresh Rosemary - it was yum with little new potatoes and some mixed green vegs.

so far it is all working out really well - and no mine don't smell all the same...

I dont use onions much - i HATE them (apart and wait for this as i get called a freak by my family - Pickled onions...............)

my next dish is chicken curry - which will be on wednesday - i must say my slow cooker is BEST PURCHASE ever - after the chicken might try a porky dish

xx

Comment

Will this be a 7 day wonder?
                Then join all the other usless objects in the back of the cupboard.

Having said that, chicken curry with chickpeas yesterday and bog standard beef stew today, Real comfort food cos the barsteward has gone to Hong Kong and left me all alone

Comment

I could say that he was mean and evil , and yes he is but he did want me to go. It was two things, but mainly because I am committed to gardening on a Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                    Will this be a 7 day wonder?
                    Then join all the other usless objects in the back of the cupboard.

Having said that, chicken curry with chickpeas yesterday and bog standard beef stew today, Real comfort food cos the barsteward has gone to Hong Kong and left me all alone
                    I have had my slowcooker for 5 years and use it at least once a month in summer and all the time come winter,

unlike my Ice cream maker,6second blitzer( which takes 5 mins to get out and assemble)and my food mixer, that all sit in a cupboard and await a loving home that will use them

Comment

Chicken and ham casserole with leeks and button mushrooms today, in creamy white wine sauce, apple dumplings in bowl well sealed, in mine. Yes i use mine loads too, unlike the juicer, the smoothie maker, the egg poacher no, actually i used the egg poacher last week to make chocolate puddings, the slicey thingey that cuts your fingers when you try to clean it, I was/am a sucker for kitchen gadgets! The lamb with redcurrant sounds yum, might try that if I get some yellow stickered lamb this week.

Comment

Duck legs in the slow cooker as we speak. Whole ducks weren't on offer, but as it's hubbys birfdee, I really wanted to cook duck, so legs it is!

Orange sauce will be whipped up later and served up with veg, and roasted tatties. Might find time to take a pic...
                        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                          Duck legs in the slow cooker as we speak. Whole ducks weren't on offer, but as it's hubbys birfdee, I really wanted to cook duck, so legs it is!

Orange sauce will be whipped up later and served up with veg, and roasted tatties. Might find time to take a pic...
                          whole duck crown £ 5.00 in Asda............

Comment

Wow still loving loving loving the slow clooker.......................

i just love the fact i can get in of an evening and just do the sides as the main dish is ready - saves so much time

Comment

Forgot to upload my duck in orange pic, so here it is... (if the sauce on the duck looks a bit red, it is due to the copious amounts for port used!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Duck in ORANGE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1391736
                              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Looks lush hun

Chicken curry for me tomorrow in it

I did my chilli without frying off the mince first and it was lush.............

Comment

Working...
                                X