GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SLOW COOKING - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLOW COOKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLOW COOKING

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
    Didn't think to take a picture! That said, it always tastes better than it looks.

I'm doing a whole chicken in mine tonight, so I'll take a picture if I remember.
    Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    I'd like to see that..I've never attempted a whole chicken in mine...
    Don't forget to pluck the chicken first............
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

^^^^ trust you

I might try Lamb Shanks for Sunday in red wine and redcurrant sauce?

Comment

Sounds lush! I'd add a sprig (or tsp of dried) rosemary too

Yum!
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Chicken (fully plucked!)

This is my recipe from this post allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - SLOW COOKING

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pot roast chicken 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1391588

and served with rice, peas & marrow

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pot roast chicken.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1391590

Was very nice

sigpic

Comment

Looks nice...........^^^^^
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

OK guys advice

I bought a slow cooker

used it a bit and is it me? but does everything smell the same?

I do a lot of stewy things (in my big saute pan) and they all smell different, so why does it all smell the same in the slow cooker????

Comment

I have no idea? Mine don't smell the same

sigpic

Comment

The chicken looks gooorgeous Diddly!

Do you brown off the meat before slow cooking it MrsD?
                  I usually pan fry it with onions first as it seems to increase the meaty smell and flavour, otherwise it can look and smell a bit samey...

If you already do, then I haven't a clue...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                    OK guys advice

I bought a slow cooker

used it a bit and is it me? but does everything smell the same?

I do a lot of stewy things (in my big saute pan) and they all smell different, so why does it all smell the same in the slow cooker????

This might help..............

Comment

That picture is bit little. Is it a meaty air freshener?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                        That picture is bit little. Is it a meaty air freshener?
                        Yep...............

Comment

Oh my goodness, whatever next! I can't imagine who would say...

"Darling, I'd like the downstairs lav to smell more meaty, so I purchased this lovely bacon freshener"

sigpic

Comment

Might smell better than a Magic Tree in taxis though!

Comment

Why have I only just found this thread.
                              Just one passing thought....keep the recipes easy as I love the idea of chuck it in, leave it and eat.
                              Oh and why waste perfectly good alcohol

Comment

I don't use onions in anything as I'm allergic to the them when they are raw (the juice gives me Mick Jagger's lips)

so I tend to cook on spice and seasonings rather than have onions in, wonder if that is why it all smells the same, my sense of smell might well be knackered as well of course

I'd rather have a fresh coffee air freshner thingy

don't like the taste of coffee in anything but I do like the smell when it's freshly perked

Comment

Working...
                                X