GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script - CLOSED - Yodel - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

- CLOSED - Yodel

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - CLOSED - Yodel

Ordered this a couple of hours ago for Grandson for Xmas

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/George-Pep.../191438235152?

And just got this message from seller:

Due to the volume of parcels currently in the network, Yodel are suspending collections until Monday 15th December so they can clear the backlog and minimise further delays during December I hope you understand your parcels will be sent out on Monday
    Now what do I do as surely they know it is xmas so there volume of parcels will be higher so should have got more staff and why cant the seller use another delivery co?

Re: Yodel

It says courier and arrival by 16th. They coukd still do that if its collected 15th mate. Based on size and weight & the fact shipping is free, you can't argue really.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nope Just mindful of Xmas delivery times that's all Ill give it till then

Comment

Yodel usually deliver within a couple of days so you might be safe. Fingers crossed mate
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As you probably know we have a courier/freight forwarding business, the couriers just can't cope with the amount of parcels going through the network, UK Mail for instance has taken on shed loads of temporary drivers and they just cannot keep up, I heard that Yodel took on 3,000 extra drivers too, thats without the likes of Hermes, DHL Domestic et al, basically what has happened is this year it seems that everyone has done their Christmas shopping online, plus then there's the Black Friday, Cyber Monday and god knows what others going on and please too think about the business stuff that goes all year round.
          Seriously you don't want to be on the end of the phones here at the moment its horrific.

By the way I ordered a coat from Liverpool Football Club for our son on the 4th and its still not been shipped, so we're in the same boat.

Comment

You did what? Why would anyone buy such tripe

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              You did what? Why would anyone buy such tripe

I know hun, there was obviously something wrong when we brought him up, his dads a Hammers supporter and I support Chelsea, the boy is clearly disturbed but I still love him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                As you probably know we have a courier/freight forwarding business, the couriers just can't cope with the amount of parcels going through the network, UK Mail for instance has taken on shed loads of temporary drivers and they just cannot keep up, I heard that Yodel took on 3,000 extra drivers too, thats without the likes of Hermes, DHL Domestic et al, basically what has happened is this year it seems that everyone has done their Christmas shopping online, plus then there's the Black Friday, Cyber Monday and god knows what others going on and please too think about the business stuff that goes all year round.
                Seriously you don't want to be on the end of the phones here at the moment its horrific.

By the way I ordered a coat from Liverpool Football Club for our son on the 4th and its still not been shipped, so we're in the same boat.
                Thanks Sapphire

Comment

Would you believe ours arrived today lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                    Would you believe ours arrived today lol.
                    Great, not looked at ebay today to see state of play so will take a look in a moment

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30438498
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes saw on Sky News

Comment

I've just had an email that one of our carriers customer service phone lines have crashed.

Comment

I think sellers @ebay should be looking for alternative delivery arrangements as have been researching this a lot this morning and not all delivery companies are having problems

Comment

Working...
                            X