GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New car for the boy! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New car for the boy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car for the boy!

So I bought my son a new car.. well used car I did it in a very Money saving way!

New car 300.00
    Mot 40.00
    Passed with not needing anything
    Bits to do a service before he drives back to Lancs 35.00

Insurance (fully comp may I add with road side assistance legal etc ) 970 (1034 for monthly installments)

YAY i feel very proud of myself 97 Nissan Almera but since hes 18 and has had his licence for less then 2 months i thought it was a great deal!

Re: New car for the boy!

Well done you

did you see in the paper today about the lad who got some quotes for his little runaround - 1 litre corsa.......... he was quoted £72K! by one company!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How on earth did you manage to get the insurance for that price?

I have 19 year old so it's of a great deal of interest.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great deal on the insurance Jen!

Not too sure I would have paid as much for a car without MOT - but then you probably definately know more about cars than me.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oscar MOT was due in July -- this car was from my husbands comapny they took it in swap for something else full service history so it was great.

This car is very low on the insurance scale. the ladies at aviva were shocked!

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
            Well done you

did you see in the paper today about the lad who got some quotes for his little runaround - 1 litre corsa.......... he was quoted £72K! by one company!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know!

My oldest son, his car, Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI 2003 year, ok this was a few years back and then he was quoted £1800 a year then, and that was just 3rd party.
            They included the fact that he also had pass plus as well.
            That was the cheapest.
            My hubby was 2nd named driver too who have been driving with no driving convictions, hubby is 40 and have been driving since the age of 17. This was Swinton.

He still has the same car, and now just pays under £800 a year, fully comp and gets all his no claims bonus, with him still being the first named driver, my hubby has additional driver helps, so my son still keeps the no claims. This is Direct Line.

Well done Jen.
            Last edited by di30; 31 May 2011, 22:27.

Comment

Working...
            X