GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Penalty for Driving in a Pedestrian Area - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penalty for Driving in a Pedestrian Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty for Driving in a Pedestrian Area

Does any one know what the penalties are for driving in a Pedestrian area with signs similar to this?

The traffic was a nightmare yesterday so i took a short cut and instead of turning left where I was supposed to (done this 100 times! just not thinking) I went straight ahead and found myself in this pedestrian area - it is an acutal road but only residents of the flats nearby and loading vehicles are allowed in - by the time I had realised, I was in the zone so carried on going. Apparently there are cameras so i am just waiting for my ticket?

Is it a fine and points? and how much..??

Soooo annoyed with myself for not paying bloomin attention. This morning I took the same short cut but remembered to take the LEFT!

Re: Penalty for Driving in a Pedestrian Area

You'll not get fined! It says "except for access" meaning you could have been looking for a friends house, forgot the address and turned round, and left!

It should be fine!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Its just so embarrassing as if i do get a letter it goes to our accountant at work (as company car) and he is SUCH A KN0B! and will make some snidey comment.

O well I'll just have to wait and see - if i do get a fine it was own fault... just such a pain...

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
        O well I'll just have to wait and see - if i do get a fine it was own fault... just such a pain...
        You'll be fine! Stop stressing..... If not then we'll appeal it, usually these signs are illegal anyway, well over 70% of signs are - thus we can usually fight and get the ticket revoked
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As for the knob, ask if he's never made a mistake and why he's such a knob
          It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            You'll be fine! Stop stressing..... If not then we'll appeal it, usually these signs are illegal anyway, well over 70% of signs are - thus we can usually fight and get the ticket revoked
            thanks!

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
            As for the knob, ask if he's never made a mistake and why he's such a knob
            ##
            - he makes loads of blooming mistakes! pah! cheers Numpts

Comment

Not tempting fate.... but not heard a dickie bird about this so hopefully I am ok!!

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                Not tempting fate.... but not heard a dickie bird about this so hopefully I am ok!!
                You'd have heard by now - if you were going to

Comment

I was thinking that - then i though oops what about all the bank holiday?

OK OK I am just a born worrier...........................

Comment

I'm sure you'd have heard by now, too.

I used to drive a short-cut in Kingston to avoid the traffic and get to a car park. It was marked "Bus's and taxi's only" - so I'd drive through shouting "I'm a bus, I'm a bus".

I used to get funny looks, but it kept me amused - I never got "done" for it, and I did it hundreds of times!

Hubby did it ONCE in Bath, and got a fine and penalty points - ha ha!!!! It's cos he didn't shout "I'm a bus"
                    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Damn! - I was looking forward to all the 'knob' jokes, lol

Comment

Working...
                      X