GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Motor Insurance Database - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motor Insurance Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Insurance Database

Hmm serves me right for thinking everythings ok...picked up a new motability vehicle a week ago cover note for insurance etc, pulled up yesterday by plod asked me a few questions & I showed him the temp cover note...reason he stopped me according to his ANPR camera he received a message about me saying "UNSPECIFIED GROUP 1 MODIFIED VEHICLE"

now..he had no idea what it meant I checked ASKMID when I got home says the same thing there as well...i'm thinking it's a temporary record till they put proper reg etc details online I HOPE!

Re: Motor Insurance Database

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
    Hmm serves me right for thinking everythings ok...picked up a new motability vehicle a week ago cover note for insurance etc, pulled up yesterday by plod asked me a few questions & I showed him the temp cover note...reason he stopped me according to his ANPR camera he received a message about me saying "UNSPECIFIED GROUP 1 MODIFIED VEHICLE"

now..he had no idea what it meant I checked ASKMID when I got home says the same thing there as well...i'm thinking it's a temporary record till they put proper reg etc details online I HOPE!

I know we used to have 14 days to update the MID otherwise we would have been in breach, so I would assume your right and it's just a temporary record.

Comment

Thanks for the info mgfboy...I hope so!

Comment

From the MID user guide

2.3 Timeliness of updates
        Policyholders are required by law
        1 to notify and update vehicle data “immediately”. The Department for
        Transport (DfT) has expressed the view that the requirement to supply data “immediately” would be
        interpreted by the courts as “the time taken by a person using reasonable efforts”. “Reasonable efforts”
        would vary from case to case, but an acceptable range would typically be 10-14 days. However, where
        systems are in place to allow updates more frequently or more quickly (e.g. a weekly automated program)
        then the expectation would be that the 10-14 day timescale would be adhered to.

Comment

I took MID to court in 2009 and sued them for the tow away and storage fees of my car I also got compensation from Hampshire Police for wrongful arrest.

I was insured but I was stopped at the time when one policy ended and another started but as I was paying monthly and did not inform the insurance co I wanted to cancel and move the other policy automatically took over one min after the other however mid removed my car from the data base and it was ruled that they should never have done.

Comment

Hmm thats what worried me..little guy in the back started crying & the plod who pulled me asked all sorts of questions

I mean seriously...all it took was a phonecall the *!**!*

Comment

I was on my way back from a orthopaedic vets in Swindon and had my dog who was still under and recovering from anaesthetic and thus was bobbing up and down in the back of my car this is what drew the police attention to me, however if they had driven closer to the back of my car they could have clearly seen the situation but now they made wild assumptions from a distance and though my son who was in the back with my dog was harbouring an armed weapon lol.

This whole episode was a joke and the judge thought so too and totally spoilt was for me a good night in being reunited with my dog because instead my poor animal was manhandled to a police station that had kennels and was not monitored and I was locked up for 2 hrs in a dirty smelly cell until they realised there mistakes and released me with out charge.

They would not return the fees I had to pay to get my car back so with a solicitors help we sued them this solicitor was the solicitor I spoke to in the cell
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 8 June 2012, 11:29.

Comment

I guess you are speechless lol I was too it was a fookin farce

Comment

unbelievable....

Comment

Working...
                  X