GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure

GP surgery will have a complaints officer, usually the practice manager

hospital will have a patients' association and also a complaints officer, they have to take these things seriously and address the complaints. I complained about our local hospital, and I did get a very comprehensive reply but some of the first points were completely inaccurate and simply didn't happen on the occasion. I went back again and pointed out the arse covering and it was escalated, a particularly rude and unsympathetic admin person who told me and another poor lady (both with broken unplastered limbs) that there were no wheelchairs and we would just have to "bum" along on some waiting room chairs until we got along the corridor, got disciplined because she said it to a couple of us and we both had people with us, so witnesses. So even if it stops it happening to anyone else, it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      hospital will have a patients' association and also a complaints officer, they have to take these things seriously and address the complaints. I complained about our local hospital, and I did get a very comprehensive reply but some of the first points were completely inaccurate and simply didn't happen on the occasion. I went back again and pointed out the arse covering and it was escalated, a particularly rude and unsympathetic admin person who told me and another poor lady (both with broken unplastered limbs) that there were no wheelchairs and we would just have to "bum" along on some waiting room chairs until we got along the corridor, got disciplined because she said it to a couple of us and we both had people with us, so witnesses.
      Disciplined?

How?

Comment

probably not what you're thinking Cloggy

Comment

Pity.
          If she had a comely tusch, I might even have bought a ticket.

What I actually meant was to ask if the horrid harpy was demoted or sacked.
          Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 3 July 2014, 20:09. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            probably not what you're thinking Cloggy
            Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Pity.

What I actually meant wad to ask if the horrid harpy was demoted or sacked.
            Your reputation goes before you Cloggy
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I was not aware that my reputation had gone.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Pity.

What I actually meant was to ask if the horrid harpy was demoted or sacked.
                demoted and sent on an "empathy course" allegedly

there are now 3 wheelchairs at the door at all times though so I consider it to be a bit of a win

Comment

Saw mums Dr today. Medically shes fit to come home. But needs the OT's to finish up their assessments and put together a care plan before considering discharge.

So fingers crossed she should be home by the end of next week.

Had a scan of her throat today and all is good, consultant was impressed with the amount of veins my mother has there and said I wish I am as healthy as you when I reach your age lol. So shes back of normal foods and fluids now.

Dr also confirmed that there is an ulcer in her stomach which is relatively new, and is probably what bled when she was first placed on anticoagulants. Shes been taking a stomach coating pill which neutralises the acid for quite some time now, so hes confident it wont happen again.

Hes giving her an anticoagulant injection every day (I forget which one it is) but apparently, he is placing her on Warfarin when she is discharged for around 6 months.

My father was on Warfarin a number of years ago, so I understand that you have to avoid some vitamins and foods which contain vitamin K, and She will need to confirm certain readings once in a while to increase/decrease the dosages. But if it helps her to avoid a stroke in the future then its something that cant be helped I guess!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well the good news is, mum is being discharged with a bit of luck on Friday, providing all the paperwork is in order. Monday at the latest.

Bad news is, that her left hand hasn't appeared to have shown any signs of improvement. They do want to continue physio with her to see if it gets any better. But I was told that as she has very limited sensation in her hand, its unlikely to come back, or if it does, it wont be as strong as it once was.

Im not going to give up there though, I have looked in to other therapies near by, which use neurological stimulants to get the hand working, the idea is to make the brain remember it has another hand.

Feel really sad for her, she done so well getting back on her feet after the first stroke, this has knocked her back yet again. Sad truth is she may have to learn to cope with only one hand in the future.

But im trying to stay positive. It took her 8 weeks in total to walk again last time, and 10 weeks in total to fully regain her speech and language issues. Shes only been in hospital 2 weeks tomorrow, so its hardly any time at all. And I realise rehab on hands and limbs can be a longer process, so I wont give up just yet.

Comment

I'm so pleased to hear of her progress this time; it will be much better for her to be at home. Hopefully everything will now be under control and there will be no more relapses.
                      just remember to give yourself some 'me' time. Are there any other family members or friends who can spend time with her to take the pressure off you?

Comment

She has a couple of friends who visit. My brother isn't really much help. Leaves it down to me mostly. But I work from her home 5 days a week and stay over 2 nights a week also so I'm always there. Buying another cot to put in her spare room so the baby and wife can stay over more also

Comment

Hey guys just thought id update this thread.

Mum has been getting electro therapy on her hand, its gonna take time to regain full functionality, looking in to something called SaeboFlex, its really ment to help, have seen great reviews of people regaining full functionality after 6 months, so will give it a try.

Along with the community physio's that come round, shes been seeing a private physio near her area, who have a gym and loads of other equipment to help her recover from the stroke. They are brilliant to be honest.

Although she has had a few sessions in the gym and done really well, we discovered last week, shes still anaemic. Which explains the shortness of breath. Dr has stuck her on some tablets for that, so should, fingers crossed recover from it in a few weeks. Then she will be back to walking around and more exercise.

Had a phone call from the Dr the other day after a recent blood test. He said to her "I don't know how you have done it but your liver, kidneys and cholesterol levels are what we would expect to see in a teenager. The only way to describe it, is you are getting younger. Compared to the last test in February you have made a major reversal."

I had to smile to myself, because this yet again, proves the strict supplements I put her on as soon as we found out she had CHF IS working.

Heart function directly relates to kidney and liver function. Her cholesterol is 2.5 as well

So just the anaemia to get over and I reckon she will be fitter than me!

Comment

That is good news, I'm so pleased for you and your Mum
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

What I don't get though, is why shes still on statins if her cholesterol is 2.5. They just seem to dish pills out without another thought don't they!

Comment

so glad she's improving, SXguy, you've been fab, take a bow!

Comment

Working...
                                X