GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure

Ive used drops for the last 2 weeks, and its steadly got worse and worse, to the point where im now completely deaf in my left ear. So I think it worked its way down the ear canal

Going to stop at a walk in centre tomorrow morning before ringing my own sugery as I cant wait for an appointment. Its making me feel off balance and I have a nasty ringing noise to top it all off
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I often suffer from blocked ears, they used to syringe it for me but then decided they would just give you drops and see how it went
      I now treat myself by taking an antihistamine and putting a small amount of olive oil on a tea spoon over the spout of a boiling kettle soaking a piece of cotton wool in it and placing in ear, pop done.
      just make sure the oils not too hot or you may deep fry your eardrum
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks nightwatch.

Im not accepting them tell me to use drops, ive done that for 2 weeks already, im not leaving till its syringed. lol

Comment

So I thought id be clever this morning and go straight in to a Walk In Centre near my work. How wrong was I.

After filling out a form, the receptionist tells me, all they are prepared to do is give me pain killers. I said, im not in pain, im deaf. Sorry see your Dr was her reply. Is this not a walk in centre I said? yes, see your Dr she said again.

She said, syringing takes longer than 5 minutes, we wont do that. I said, that's the NHS for you!, she said, no your Dr is the one you need to speak to, I said, nope, its the NHS, why do I pay national insurance? all the woman kept saying was, Speak to your Dr. I wasted getting up early for nothing!

Anyway, turns out my own GP couldn't fit me in today anyway so wasn't a wasted trip to work early thank god, and they have booked me in for an appointment tomorrow at 10:40. So lets hope it gets sorted then!

Comment

oooh might be stress induced... if not and if the GP delays your appointment and treatment then try this.. it's worked miracles for people I recommend it to... might for you too?

Olive Oil
            Garlic clove (preferably organic)
            Lavender Essential Oil.. again preferably organic
            cotton wool
            flannel
            bowl
            kettle
            microwave
            egg cup or something small like espresso cup

Chop garlic up as fine as you can, chuck in egg cup. Cover in Olive Oil. Microwave for a few seconds until oil is hot.
            Leave to cool.
            Once cool carefully submerge a tea spoon in the oil so only oil floats on the top not garlic chunks.. dip cotton wool in... squeeze out excess oil and pop the wool into your deaf ear.

Fill the bowl with hot water.. as hot as you can stand to touch... drip in 2 drops of Lavender EO and stir... then chuck flannel in and squish it about so it soaks up the Lavender Oil... squeeze out excess water and while it is still hot fold the flannel, press it against the deaf ear with the cotton wool in and hold it there until it is cold...

then repeat the flannel dipping (microwave the bowl if the water is cold) and then LIE DOWN on the lavender flannel / cotton wool ear and try to stay there as long as you can.. go sleep if you like.

Never had anyone remain with an infected ear after that ever... tried and tested on 5 children over 22 years and 2 Grandchildren! lol (as well as adults)

Also.... go into a local herb shop or new age type shop and get yourself a HOPI EAR CANDLE.... never used one on myself but hubby had a horrid wax build up a few years ago and my friend used it on him and he said it was brilliant.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, don't have all those ingredients, so will have to visit dr tomorrow, but will keep it in mind for the future.

Ive tried the ear candle, its ment to suck the wax out, but it didn't do anything for me if im honest!.

Comment

Luckily my father was a pharmacist and they used to syringe ears...... I was taught how to do it and ...... H&S may not approve, but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                  Luckily my father was a pharmacist and they used to syringe ears...... I was taught how to do it and ...... H&S may not approve, but it works.
                  Well if the Dr's fail at it. Ill visit you for a consultation lol

Comment

MrD throws dilute hydrogen peroxide in his stoppered ears, works a treat, you need to do one at a time, and keep your head bent over until you feel it filtering down,

don't tell the chemist why you want it, he'll have a fit

but it works..............

Comment

Loving that MrsD, ill bare that in mind!

Comment

Saw my Dr. She said the ear canal is free of wax, so its not that (rather have a 2nd opinion) She said, that its either a perforation of the ear drum, but admits it doesn't usually cause hearing loss as much as I have.

She also said, it could possibly be sinus related, as I suffer from blocked sinus's there may be a blockage, and so asked if I can buy some decongestants.

She has also booked me in to see an ENT consultant, as she said, they will be able to know the exact cause. However, the earlist appointment is the 23rd July!!!

The NHS is just ridiculus. Not only my mother, but now I have to wait 5 or 6 weeks, and potentially be deaf the whole time.

Gotta love our NHS! (Sorry if I offend anyone)

Comment

The NHS saved my life, saved my husbands life too and when I was having hearing problems they actually diagnosed me as being partially deaf, nothing wrong with having two hearing aids, six weeks isn't that long a wait in the grand scheme of things really.

Comment

I hear (mind the pun) what your saying Saphhire. I guess im just feeling really down, what with my mothers heart condition I really need to be in tip top shape, for her. Could do without having problems of my own to deal with as well.

I cant imagine what its like to be perminantely deaf. But its been 5 days and its just really uncomfortable. You don't know what you have got until its gone!

Comment

My Mum is now deaf even with a hearing aid, it makes for very strange conversations, and frightening situations (for me) she had some antibiotics from the Dr couple of weeks ago, when I went on the sat morning she said she had never had to take 20 tablets all in one day before, I thought this strange and asked her if she was sure about that, yes I was told to take "for a day" so she dutifully took them an hour apart with a glass of water or some food, the label actually said "take four a day" but as she is also almost blind she couldn't read the label and had misheard the pharmacist.

Comment

Hey no worries, just wanted to put my side that's all, cards on table here, yes I am partially deaf in both ears, but wearing the aids actually makes it worse for me, so they are safetly tucked up in their boxes lol.

Deafness runs in my family though, on my mothers side, it used to make for some amusing conversations when I was small, and when my cousin got married (she's profound deaf) my husband couldn't understand how she and all her profoundly deaf friends were all up dancing lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X