GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure

So sorry to hear of this setback SXGuy. Time to look at the positives..you were with her, thank goodness, and got her to the hospital in record time for treatment to be initiated. Her rapid recovery of most functions is a very good sign. Now she's in there, they should do all the investigations much more quickly. Let's hope they can then get her on the correct treatment to stabilise her for as long as possible.
    Sending hugs to you both xx

Comment

sorry to hear about your Mum

really fortunate that you were there and had the sense to get her to hospital really quickly, you'll be up for the absolutely fabulous son award anytime soon.

I think you just have to keep doing what you've been doing, get the tests done and keep her comfortable and happy. Sounds like she's coming around pretty well, personally i think the Doctor should have asked her the orrible question not you, personally i wouldn't have wanted to put that on my kids if I could avoid it and i'm sure your mum would be the same. Easier for the Doc to ask you than your Mum.

Everything crossed that she makes a full recovery and they get it sorted.

Comment

Dr spoke to me today just before going in to see mum. He said he's really impressed with her recovery. Going faster than expected and shouldn't be in hospital for much longer. They have moved her in to the ward where most go prior to discharge. She has also been allowed to increase her diet to mushy food and thinner liquids now. Should be on normal food by tomorrow. Dr said she has recovered faster and better this time compared to last time also. So im in a really happy and relieved mood tonight. Just had a bottle of sol to relax before I go to bed and get woken up by my ten month old daughter in the morning at 5am lol
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's a relief for you. It's hard work being sandwiched between 2 generations. Remember to look after yourself and take time out with your wife!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's a very good point Cym. It's easy to forget yourself in this sort of situation. Make sure you take care of yourself SXGuy.

It must be such a relief that your Mum is recovering well and the doctors are pleased with her progress.
            Last edited by Pixie; 27 June 2014, 23:04.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thanx guys. I'll take what you say on board regarding time out for me but it's just so hard what with my own family and now work single handed I'm really stretched to breaking point with it all. Thought I was having a panic attack yesterday until I realised I'd drank a redbull and coffee within an hour apart haha

Comment

And if you become ill? Like all advice it's easier to give than use. Just think of the repercussions for everyone if you are too stretched.

Comment

glad to hear all is going well, enjoy your weekend x

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                    Thanx guys. I'll take what you say on board regarding time out for me but it's just so hard what with my own family and now work single handed I'm really stretched to breaking point with it all. Thought I was having a panic attack yesterday until I realised I'd drank a redbull and coffee within an hour apart haha
                    It's no good to anyone if you're stretched to the point where you actually break and make yourself ill. Just take some time out for yourself...it doesn't need to be much, just something where you can unwind and forget everything for a little while

Comment

I took my little one to the park this morning and played on the swings. For a while. I did forget everything going on so it was good.

Comment

That's great...out in the fresh air and time with your little one I always find taking my dog for a walk works wonders for me.

Comment

Just an update. Mum's doing great. They did the endoscopy today and found an ulcer that's not bleeding anymore so are starting her back on the anticoagulants tomorrow. What I'm raving about though is she was told today that there's a 2 week window between when you stop taking them and a chance of another stroke. When cardiology told her to stop taking them and go for an endoscopy the appointment was 4 weeks away. Where's the logic? Do they want to kill people off or what? Not happy is an understatement. They basically caused this stroke with their waiting times.

Comment

I think I'd be taking this further...

It's bad enough your Mum having the stroke without knowing that it could (probably) have been prevented.

Comment

complain SX, officially and in writing, detail the whole tale

you'll get a big written apology but ask for undertakings to get this sort of stuff stopped, apologies cost nothing, taking action is a bit harder

Comment

I do feel like complaing, but im unsure where to point the blame, who to write to, or what if anything would come of it.

Apart from NHS Waiting times, which i grant, is not the fault of Basildon hospital per se, they cant control the influx of appointments, but surely if an "urgent referral" is made, it should be treated as such.

I could also complain about the local GP centre, who, not only delayed the referral by 2 weeks because of incompetence, but also how one of their GP's who my mother basically begged to help her feel better (pre first stroke), laughed and said quote "if there is anything, can you let me know and i'll have some"

The only people who have ever shown real care and quality, are the, OT's, speech therapists, and the local community heart team. The rest, have all been seriously incompetent.

Comment

Working...
                                X